Chapter 1

"Are you almost ready?" Mike yells up the stairs.

"Give me a minute!" you say as you finish setting your makeup. The top of your vanity is a complete mess, but you'll straighten up later. Right now you have a party to get to. Your friend Mike is pretty close with a couple of major leagues baseball players, and he is bringing you to one of their huge parties tonight. You've met a couple of the guys before on the Yankees, but you are still pretty nervous about showing up to a party knowing only a handful of people. Nothing a little liquid courage can't fix. You slide your hands down your waist and look at yourself in the mirror. You are wearing a form-fitting black dress with some cute detailing around the shoulders. The neckline is low, and overall the dress shows off your curves perfectly. You are usually pretty modest, but you like to dress up from time to time. The plum heels you are wearing bring the whole outfit together, and you grab your clutch as you head down the stairs.

"Hey, there hot stuff," Mike says as you walk down the stairs.

"Is it too much?" you ask.

"No, you look great. I bet you are going to get a lot of attention tonight."

You smile as you yank your dress down a bit.

"The Uber should be here any minute. Want to do a shot before we head out?" he says waving a bottle of Fireball towards you.

"To a fun night," Mike says handing you the shot glass.

"Cheers." You tip back your head and the warmth slides down your throat.

The car ride to the party is uneventful. You pull up to a beautiful house that is lit up. You can see people moving in the windows with drinks in their hands having a good time. You step out of the car and approach the party.

When you walk in, you can barely hear yourself think over the music. You see a couple of familiar faces, and you can feel Mike's hand on your lower back as he ushers you into the party. The front room is completely packed full of people. Tons of people are drinking, dancing, and talking. You see Aaron Judge on the other side of the room and he is waving you over. You feel a weight lifted off your shoulders, and you are so happy to see someone that you know and can actually hold a conversation with. You make your way across the room, and Aaron gives you a quick hug.

"You look great," he shouts over the loud song that just started playing.

"You do, too!" you say squeezing his arm. You realize that Mike is no longer by your side, and you see him talking to a beautiful blonde girl near the front door. You can't help but smile at his charm.

Aaron walks you over to a corner of the room that is a little quieter, and he starts to ask you about your life. You guys talk about work, the dating scene, and family. You feel a hand on your back and assume that it's Mike, but then you hear a deep voice.

"Why hello there."

You turn and see none other than Giancarlo Stanton standing behind you. He gives you one look up and down and then leans over you to greet Aaron.

"G, I don't think you've met, (Y/N)," Aaron says motioning towards you.

"I definitely would remember meeting you," he says smirking. You can feel his eyes lingering on your cleavage. "What do you say we head out on the dance floor."

"I think I'm good over here actually," you say rolling your eyes. "Aaron, it was good catching up with you. I'm going to go grab a drink."

You can feel Giancarlo's eyes following you as you walk away, but you don't even care. You are sick of the overly masculine male who thinks the world revolves around them.