neil & andrew

Neil Josten woke up in a pool of sweat, breathing heavily. He had just had a flashback in his dream from the time he spent winter break with the Ravens at Evermore. Andrew Minyard was sleeping on the bottom bunk and had heard Neil breathing. His eyes opened and he called out to his teammate.

"Neil?" Andrew spoke into the air sleepily, followed by a yawn.

Neil didn't say anything so Andrew sighed and got out of the covers and went over to the stairs of their bunk bed. The light brown haired man was sitting upright, his hands behind him holding him up. He noticed Andrew on the stairs and exhaled deeply. The other man took two more steps up the ladder so he was the exact height as Neil.

"Neil. Look at me," Andrew said in a low voice. Neil turned his head to face him.

Slowly, Andrew reached his hand towards Neil's left cheekbone where he had the number 4 tattooed from the Ravens and brushed it with his thumb gently. Neil flinched slightly but then relaxed.

"It was Riko again," Neil said all of a sudden.

Andrew's thumb stopped in its tracks and he brought his gaze from the tattoo to look into the other man's light blue eyes. "That motherfucker. He's going to pay for what he did to you."

"Andrew, I'm fi–."Neil was cut off by Andrew placing his index finger on his lips to silence him.

"Shh. Don't you dare say that you're fine in a situation like this."

"Andrew... They want to see me weak. I can't show them that," Neil breathed against Andrew's finger. "Please. I'm f–."

This time Neil was cut off by Andrew pressing his lips against his. Andrew's hands were clinging onto the collar of his orange team hoodie, bringing Neil closer.

He pulled away and looked deeply into Neil's deep set eyes. "You are never going to say that you're fine when you're with me again." He stopped to notice Neil's hands. One was hugging his knees together while the other was on the mattress, holding his balance. Andrew took the one that was keeping Neil up with his own two hands and brought it up to his mouth.

He kissed each one of Neil's fingertips and all around his palm and the back of his hand. Andrew placed the other man's hand on his chest and held it close. "Promise me," he began, "that you're never going to lie about your feelings to me again." He didn't give enough time for Neil to answer so he continued. "You can put on a brave face for the other Foxes and tell them whatever you want, but when we're together and alone, you have to tell me the truth." Andrew's voice was soft, yet demanding.

Neil licked his dry lips and nodded. "Okay."

"No. Not okay. Do you promise or not?"

Neil took one of Andrew's hand from his own and held it. "Promise."

Andrew managed a small smile and released his grip from Neil's right hand. "Good. Now we can sleep." He climbed the remaining step and joined Neil in his tiny bunk which was initially meant for one person. Neil pressed himself against the wall and gave Andrew enough space as he could.

Neil fell asleep facing the wall and Andrew pressed his chest against his back, wrapping his left arm around Neil's chest, pulling him closer.

"It's going to be fine. I know it is," Andrew whispered against Neil's ear, before closing his eyes and falling into a deep sleep.

•••

heyyyyy. ali here. so i decided to make an aftg one-shot book cuz both faith and i adore this series. be prepared for more cuteness. like this is way too cute help. i always imagine the best things damn. anywAys, bye for now!!!