One shot

Brown and orange leaves scattered the ground. The trees are in their slumber and are ready for their first blanket of snow, Light gray clouds hung sadly in the sky. An enormous school that was seated at the top of a hill, the school whose name is Ferid high was towards the end of its hours, which is right before lunch. If we look inside the building we can see a black haired hispanic looking boy with circle wire glasses and a mask of freckles walking down the hallway to his English class when he was rudely slammed into the nearest locker by the all too well known bullies Tyler and Tray. The boy winced in pain but hesitantly looked up. "Hey Ben how's our favorite punching bag doing?" Tyler chuckled darkly as his grip tightened. Ben looked down and stayed quiet. "Doesn't look like he's talking, let's teach him a lesson" Trey sneered while cracking his knuckles. The younger boy was terrified and still didn't say a word. Trey and Tyler decided to slam him into the lockers again, but this time it knocked the wind out of him. The two older boys walked away laughing while Ben was catching his breath. When he caught his breath, he wiped his eyes and picked up his books and walked into his medium sized classroom. Mr.Grover glanced at Ben with concern as the boy took his seat in the front row across from his desk. With a sigh Mr.Grover started the lesson with Ben doodling on his paper while listening closely.

Lunch time rolled around and Ben is walking to a table with his lunch. But to get to his table he has to go by the jocks table. Which is where Trey and Tyler were, the boy sighed and walked past the table quickly. But he wasn't quick enough, Trey had bashed a lunch tray over Benny's head making him fall to the ground in pain. Tyler catches him and holds him in place so Trey can deliver a massive punch to his face. The older boy raised his fist and swung it forward, Benny closed his eyes and waited for impact. It never came, he opened his eyes and looked up to see a brunette boy holding Trey's fist. "Let go of the boy and get out of my sight Trey and Tyler" the older boy sneered and the other boys ran off. The mystery boy crouched down and helped Benny up and escorted him to the men's room. The other students watched the two leave then continued on eating.

Ben splashed some cold water on his face and reached for some paper towels while the mystery boy was cleaning off his clothes. "Hey man, sorry about them." The older boy sighed deeply and brushed off a piece of pepperoni off his sky blue shirt. "It's ok I'm used to it" Benny picked at his hair. "Im Kory by the way", Ben turned around and gawked. "Kory? As is Kory Romallo? The captain of the Soccer team that won the nationals? THAT KORY?!" The brunette couldn't believe it. Kory a popular jock was talking to a low life such as him, what are the odds? Kory chuckled and smiled warmly, "Yes you dork that Kory". Ben was speechless and very embarrassed he didn't know what to do so he gave a small smile and cleaned his glasses and whispered a small "Ben Pierce". After a while the boys walked out of the men's bathroom, "Hey Ben what's your next period?" Kory questioned and hoped quietly that it was Math. "Mr.Rose algebra" Ben fixed his glasses and saw Kory's eyes light up. The younger boy looked surprised that someone was actually happy to have a class with him, he smiled slightly at the thought. Kory grabbed Ben's hand and ran to class because the bell already rang. When they arrived in the classroom they threw themselves in and jumped into their seats just as the teacher walked in. The older boy turned to the younger boy and grinned, "We barely made it! You run pretty fast-" Kory was interrupted by Ben without his glasses and him wiping his forehead from the little sweat he developed on his head. Ben caught him staring and blush creeped up onto his cheeks, he looked away quickly and pulled out his Algebra notebook and looked at the teacher.

As the bell rang indicating that school was over, students rushed out of the class except for three. Kory walked over to Ben and took off his glasses and held them out of reach, until a silver haired girl walked over and snatched the glasses out of his hands and gave them back to Ben. "Darn it Brett! I was gonna give those back" Kory whined at the girl, "Yeah you would've given them back broken" Brett moved a piece of hair from her bright lilac eyes. Kory grumbled and crossed his arms. "I'm Brett this dweebs older sister and you are?" She propped a pale hand on her hip and looked at Ben. His eyes looked her up and down taking in her features. Silver hair that went to her neck that was shaved on one side, black eyeliner that made her vibrant eyes pop. She was wearing a dark grey shirt with black ripped jeans. She also had snake bite piercings along with a eyebrow piercing. She looked similar to Kory, Kory had dark brown hair that was shaved on both sides and it was long on the top except styled in a swoop. He also had black gauges, he was wearing a white long sleeved shirt that had the sleeves rolled up that exposed his muscular arms. He had chocolatey brown eyes paired with a bright smile. As Ben was zoning out Brett and Kory waved their hands in front of his face. He jumped in surprise and blushed from embarrassment, "This is Ben Pearce, I met him today in the lunchroom. He got slammed in the head with a metal lunch tray by Tyler and Trey" Kory explained briefly, Brett's expression changed from calm to super angry in seconds. "I hate Tyler and Trey they bully everyone why do they pick on this cutie?" Ben blushed harder and she laughed and patted his arm as she walked past him. "I'm asexual Peirce chillax, and Kory it's your turn to do the dishes" With that and a annoyed groan from Kory they left school and separated to walk to their homes.

Ben walked into his house with a smile on his face, but it instantly dropped when he saw his Mother and Father waiting for him. "Benjamin Josiah Peirce why are you late?" His father demanded gruffly. "I was getting extra work from my teachers" The brunette said a bit shakily, His mother glared at her husband and smiled at her son. "We are proud that you're doing extra credit now please go to your room and get a jump on homework." Ben nodded and skipped to his room and shut the door quietly. A few hours later he was finally finished, his dark brown eyes glanced at the clock on his desk and sighed sadly. 10:40 pm it read, he had done homework for eight hours. He started thinking about how his father had greeted him when he got home. It broke his heart that his father thinks that heś that much of a disappointment. At that he changed into pjś and crept into bed.

It was around 2 in the morning when Benś phone went off. The teen grabbed his phone and turned it on and went to the messages. ¨Kory got my number? I didn't even give it to him..." Ben thought sleepily. He sighed and sat up and rubbed the tired from his eyes. It was Saturday morning and Kory wanted to hang out with him. Ben shrugged and sent him his address before he got up he heard a knock at the door. He scrambled down stairs and opened the door to reveal the older teen laughing at Benś appearance. Ben looked down and saw that he was in a oversized pink sweater with no sweatpants and grey socks, his hair was a mess and he didn't have his glasses. ¨What's so funny? Itś two in the morning what did you expect me to look like" Ben snapped at Kory. He stopped laughing and a smirk danced onto his lips "I figured you wanted to hang out like friends not like this" Ben turned red and punched him in the shoulder. Kory laughed again and rubbed his shoulder "For a guy who doesn't do sports you pack a hard punch" Ben couldn't help but smile a bit. A little of flirting later Ben got dressed and they were walking to a park. Kory was rambling about Brett and Ben laughed occasionally.

As the boys walked side by side sharing stories they wandered into a forest that was surrounded by trees. Ben heard the crunching of leaves behind them and stopped walking and looked around. "You ok Benny?" Kory stopped as well and looked at Ben, A shadow of a man grabbed Ben by the wrists and twisted his arms so they were against his back. Another man came out with a skinner knife and held it to Kory's throat. "Kory! Let him g-" A swift kick to the stomach caused the younger teen's breath to hitch. Kory gasped and glared at the man who had Ben in his grasp. The older boy struggled while the man held the knife closer, "Quit moving or your friend dies" the gruff voice said. Kory was in tears as the other man had collided his fist into Ben's cheek. A dark purple bruise started forming on his cheek bone when the man knocked Ben out with a nearby rock. Kory kicked the man who was holding him and elbowed him in the stomach that sent the man tumbling to the ground. The man who knocked out Ben had picked up his friend and ran deeper into the forest.

After that fiasco, Kory rushed to the younger boys side and carefully lifted him onto his lap. "Ben? Open your eyes we need to go to my house to take care of you, please just open your eyes." He stroked the boy's bruised cheek while salty tears gathered in his eyes. Ben stirred and groaned in pain. Kory pulled Ben into a tight hug, Ben groaned in pain but hugged back lightly.