Just a Stare

Disclaimer: If I actually owned Bleach this wouldn't be a fan-fiction. I own OC though!

I'm Falling for your Eyes

But they don't know me yet

And with this Feeling I'll Forget

I'm in Love Now - Ed Sheeran

A bell jingled overhead as he pushed the door open. The smell of freshly overturned soil teased his senses as he stepped further into the small shop, hands in his pockets. Numerous flowers were shelved in four rows, their vibrant colors adding to the calming atmosphere. It had to be a fairly new place considering he had never come across it before. Ichigo struggled momentarily to remember the name of the shop but gave up quickly.

He was never good with names he thought idly. Walking over to the flowers he absentmindedly thumbed the petal of a pink flower.

Earlier on his usual route from school to home he saw an overturned vase of flowers. This small but stupid act grated on Ichigo's nerves. Seeing no one nearby that could be the culprit he instead went in search of new flowers, promising the spirit of a little girl who the flowers were for that he would come back.

Liking the simplicity of the pink flower he cradled it in his hand, going in search of an employee. As he passed by two more rows of flowers he heard the subtle sound of sifting soil. Walking leisurely towards the sound, he rounded the shelf and caught sight of a person. Opening his mouth ready to speak Ichigo stopped short.

In the middle of the aisle a girl rested on the balls of her feet, tending to the lower shelved flowers. His brown eyes watched as delicate hands cupped the soil before slowly sliding the load into a small orange pot. He watched as she repeated this action once more and his gaze lingered still as she carefully placed a small seed in the soil.

Taken aback for reasons unknown to himself, he took in the rest of the stranger's form. Wispy white-blonde hair curled ever so slighty along a pale neck, the strands sliding across her back and onto her shoulders. A blue dress was primly tucked under her as she crouched with sneakers adorning her feet. Working his way up to her face, he noticed pale pink lips and deep green eyes.Green eyes staring right back at him.

Immediately feeling a blush working its way onto his cheeks, he scratched the back of his neck in embarrassment.

"Sorry...I just...didn't want to interrupt," the reaper said sheepishly. She smiled in response. "No, no, it's alright. I was just finished actually." She rose as she spoke, smoothing out her dress. "Did you need some help?" She asked, hands clasped in front of her. Her green eyes darted to the forgotten plant in his hand. She smiled warmly at him again. "Want me to ring that up for you?" She gestured to the flower. Ichigo nodded silently, following her as she walked to the counter at the front of the shop.

He studied the sway of her dress with every step she took and the way her hair brushed against his arm occasionally. It seemed all he was capable of doing at the moment. Ichigo watched her intently as she deftly worked the cash register, watched as she took his money and watched still she gave him his change. She smiled warmly at him again.

Ichigo forced his mouth to form coherent words. "You have a nice place here." Smooth. "I haven't seen it before. Are you new here?" That's better. She nodded in response.

"I moved here a couple months ago but the grand opening for my shop was only last week." She informed him, her voice colored with pride at owning her own shop. But Ichigo was confused.

What about school? She looked young, about his age, maybe a year older. "Are your parents around?" Ichigo asked curiously.

She shook her head. "I'm emancipated." She smiled but he noticed her eyes had dimmed a bit.

Taken aback, his eyes widened before ducking his head and apologizing for unintentionally prying. Her eyes remained welcoming but not wanting to look nosier than she probably thought he was Ichigo excused himself.

"Please come again." She chirped, bowing politely. Murmuring an affirmative, he walked out of the small flower shop, the bell tinkling behind him. The further away he walked, the tighter his chest felt as if it was urging him to go back. Under her gaze and those few moments in her serene presence Ichigo had felt so...warm. Why was she emancipated though? The thought of her alone worried him. His eyebrows scrunched together at a sudden thought.

'What was her name?'

For some odd reason Ichigo could feel the monster inside him grin.