1

"This... This is all my fault... It's... sniff. He's going to face so many hardships because of me! Sob." A young omega, in his mid-20 twenties, cried aloud as he hugged the tiny, cleanly wrapped, new born tighter against his chest.

Seeing a broken hearted and self-loathing expression completely cast over his mate's face, a depress sigh involuntarily escaped from Delan as he tilted his head back a little and stare at the ceiling, trying his hardest to suppress the tears that have gathered in his eyes.

With his partner, Xinya, being a male omega, they both knew that the chances of their children being an omega was possible, but they had both foolishly hoped...

***

Being an omega in this world is not the most horrible thing that can happen to someone. In the right circumstances, it is a blessing because, when an omega is paired with an alpha, the chances of the omega X alpha couple bearing a pure alpha heir is very high. However, since alphas are usually always at the top, or at the very least, near the top of society, the omegas that are born to poor families usually never have an opportunity to interact with them. Most of these unfortunate omegas, who don't have the privilege to make themselves known to good alphas because of their family background, never really have a good ending once their heat initiates.

Having said that, most omegas are born into decent families, so that isn't a very big concern in society.

However, note the word, "most" because there are some unlucky few who are born to fallen families or poor families.

***

Dalen's mate Xinya actually came from a decent but very traditional family. However, since Xinya choose to rebel against his family's wishes and eloped with Dalen, a poor beta, the Fan family had cut all ties with him.

Therefore, when both Xinya and Dalen learned of Xinya's pregnancy, they both secretly prayed that the child will be a beta instead of an omega. They both knew that given their current financial standing and their status in society, if they have an omega child, they won't be able to create opportunities for him/her to meet a decent alpha. And with Dalen being a beta instead of an alpha, they were optimistic that the chances of them producing omegas were smaller than normal.

However, as soon as the child was born and its omega marking scent drifted and spread into the small, simple bedroom, the tiny hope they held onto completely disappeared. It was quickly replaced with guilt and fear.

...

"Honey, don't blame yourself... I... I will work harder. ...Perhaps by the time he becomes an adolescent, we will be able to send him to a few socializing places.... Please don't blame yourself. Please." Dalen attempted to console his mate as he hugged his thick arms around the pitifully, sobbing young, slender man sitting on top of the futon.

With how their current situation looked, even though he wanted to believe in Dalen's words, Xinya couldn't shoved away the logical part of his mind. This child, this tiny, little whimpering omega in his arms was going to experience a very hard life all because of Xinya. How can he possibly live with himself? How can he do this to his child?...

Thus, Xinya couldn't help but sob more and bury his face against Dalen's chest as he hugs the whimpering newborn in his arms.

It wasn't until a small, high pitch wail echoed from the top, right corner of the simple, grey futon that both Dalen and Xinya remember the first-born twin.

Quickly twisting his body around, with one of his arms still wrapped around a daze yet somber Xinya, Dalen scooped the tiny, wailing new born from the corner of the futon into his arms.

After a minute or two of cradling in Dalen's warm arm, the new born in his arm stopped crying and fell back asleep.

***

Next day

Looking from the tiny baby wrapped with a soft grey cloth in his arm to the tiny newborn wrapped in a dark blue clothe in Xinya's arms, Dalen gently kissed the side of Xinya's head a couple of time before cautiously asking in a gentle voice, "Honey, have you thought of names for the babies?"

Tiredly blinking his eyes open, Xinya stared at the two quietly sleeping infants and softly touch the nose of the tiny baby wrapped in the dark blue cloth. "This one is Shui... Xun Shui." Xinya said with a soft, warm but still slightly guilt expression.

After leaning in to lightly kiss Shui's tiny forehead, Dalen then looked at the first born twin then at Xinya again, waiting for Xinya to name the baby wrapped in the grey cloth. But even after a few minutes, Xinya had yet to say out any names for the first twin. All of Xinya's attention seemed to be focused on the small little omega in front of him.

Dalen wanted to ask Xinya again if has a name for the small baby in front of Dalen, but upon seeing the sad, guilty, and apologetic expression in Xinya's eyes as he looked at Shui, Dalen looked to the innocent baby in front of him and softly whisper, "Shuren... You will be Xun Shuren then." And kiss the tiny bundle on the forehead.

***

As the twins grew up, Dalen remained true to his promise to work even harder for his small family and Xinya opted to home school the children until he couldn't anymore, to save on money.

When the children reached 9 years old, after coming home from a long day of work, Dalen was surprised to see an usually bright smile on his mate's face.

"You have something good to tell me?" Dalen asked with an amused smile as he looped his arms around Xinya's slim waist and peck Xinya's cherry red lips a few times.

Chuckling, Xinya kissed Dalen back quickly before releasing his waist from Dalen's hold and patting the clean empty sofa seat next to him.

Once Dalen was seated, Xinya comfortably snuggled up next to Dalen and a big smile shaped his still youthful face.

"It must be something really good, huh?" Dalen asked before planting another kiss on Xinya's lips.

Xinya nodded his head and smiled as he told Dalen, "After many years of think and observing, I finally have a plan to help Shui."

As Dalen widen his eyes and slight tug the corners of his lips into a smile, Xinya blurted out, "Since Shui is not able to do a lot of things, we can just have Shuren replace him."

Dalen's widen his eyes in confusion and awkwardly laughed out, "what do you mean sweetheart?"

"I've been watching Shui and Shuren for many years now. They look identical, people will never be able to tell them apart. Since Shui is limited as an omega, why not have Shuren complete things in Shui's name ...and once Shuren gets invited to a socializing event, we will just have Shui go instead. That way he will be able to find a decent partner." Xinya tells Dalen with an excited expression.

"Sweetheart...  That...  That's not fair to Shuren." Dalen cast his eyes down and whispered the last part.

But with how close they were to each other, Xinya easily hear it and frown. "I... its. What other things can we do?! Shuren is a beta, even though he won't be as strong as alphas, he is stronger than Shui and will be able to achieve thing easier.... Sniff.. Shu...Shuren can register himself once Shui gets marry. Shu... Shui needs this... I have to help him ...since it was all my fault that he's like this." Xinya began to weep again, like he did on the day that the twins were born, at the end of his words.

Seeing the person he loves more than his own life fall back into a depress state, Dalen quickly pulled the pitiful, sobbing omega into his arms and kiss his face a few times before reluctantly nodding and agreeing to his plan.

A/N: Vote, comment, etc... Thanks!