Final

"What is happening to me?" I whispered to myself as I looked at all the petals I had vomited. Just then my phone rang. It was Jeno.

"Nana! How are you?!" He asked happily and I felt the petals coming up again for some reason.

"I'm... Okay." I answered, not wanting Jeno to think I'm crazy.

"You sure? You don't sound fine..." Jeno said worriedly.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. And you?"

"Well, I would be better if Renjun wasn't so clingy." Jeno joked and I coughed out a petal.

"Oh." I answered with a fake laugh. I could hear Renjun complaining in the background and felt the need to vomit again. Is this somehow happening because Jeno and Renjun are so close?

"So anyway, we were wondering if you could come over? Jisung really misses you too." Jeno asked.

"Uhm. I don't think I can today..."

"Please Jaemin! Just come hang out with us!" Renjun then started begging while Jeno was trying to get his phone back. I really have to vomit again...

"Fine." I finally gave in. I did have a thing going on with Jeno. At least before I got injured...

After the call ended, I quickly vomited all the petals out again. I hope this isn't something serious...

2 weeks later...

I was hanging out with my friends again, hoping that the petals wouldn't come up suddenly. I had figured out that I probably have a hanahaki disease but I haven't had time to look into it more.

"Uhm, Renjun and I actually have something to tell you guys." Jeno started and looked at Renjun. No...

"We're dating." He finally said and broke my already wounded heart into millions of pieces. I felt the petals trying to push their way up again. I felt like choking...

"Really!? Congrats you two! How long?" Mark asked.

"Month and a half." Renjun told with a smile.

"I don't ship you guys but whatever makes you happy." Donghyuck said, earning a smack from Mark. 

"How can you not ship them?!" Mark asked annoyed and Donghyuck glanced at me while rubbing his head. Wait... does that mean that he wanted me to end up with Jeno? I think I might actually choke...

"Uhm, I need to use the bathroom." I excused myself with much difficulties and hurried to let the petals out. I coughed and vomited petals and it hurt like hell... Blood... There was blood in the petals and I could taste it in my mouth too... I could feel myself choking for real and tried my best to cough the petals out. But I was already running out of air and not long after, everything started going black.

"Lee Jeno... why did I fall so hard for you?"

Jeno's P.O.V

"I'll go check if Jaemin is okay." Renjun said once it had been too long.

"Why is he taking so long anyway?" Chenle asked what everyone was wondering. Then out of nowhere, we heard Renjun scream. He then ran back to us.

"J-Jaemin..." He tried to say something but broke down crying instead. I got up and ran past him to see what was wrong. And then I saw Jaemin's unconscious body in the middle of flower petals. I froze completely.

"Oh my god!" Mark panicked and went to check up on Jaemin.

"I-I called Yuta hyung. He'll be here soon." Jisung informed. I still couldn't move. What the hell happened?

"Is he breathing?" I suddenly heard Yuta hyung's voice next to me. Mark shook his head slowly, clearly not ready to accept it.

"Then it's too late... CPR doesn't work with it..." Yuta told quietly.

"W-what do you mean?" I finally managed to ask while on the verge of tears.

"He had a hanahaki disease... he didn't get treatment nor did it get better, so the petals choked him." Yuta explained slowly. He was clearly holding his tears.

"Why didn't any of us know?" Renjun asked carefully.

"He was probably worried that you would've freaked out if he told he coughed flower petals."

"I get it but why? Why did this happen?" I asked.

"He loved someone who didn't love him back. Someone who loved someone else. So he suffered. Who knows for how long and now... something made it worse. It got so much worse that he couldn't breathe because of the petals anymore. His love for someone killed him..." Yuta explained with his head down. Then I remembered all those cuddles and small pecks I shared with Jaemin before he got injured... he still loved me... I forgot about him and moved on to Renjun... while Jaemin was still in love with me... I... I killed him.

My legs gave up on me when that realization hit me and I fell on my knees. Jaemin is gone... and it's all because of me...

"Jeno... Don't blame yourself..." Donghyuck kneeled down next to me as I started crying harder.

"But it's my fault! We were nearly dating before he got injured! And instead of supporting him during his recovery I just forced myself to move on and forget what we ever had! Tell me, how is it not my fault?!" I asked annoyed. No one answered. Why would they? Everyone knows that it was all my fault.

The End

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

So... I wrote this fic almost a year ago and I finally decided to publish it, because I really wanted to post a new story:) The only time I'm okay with stuffing NoRen into my story is if it kills someone xD Sorry, I really love angst...

I don't think I'm too good at writing NoMin although I have so many ideas that would fit them... And I actually have a longer NoMin fic in the works but I have no idea when I'll start posting it, it might take a while tho...

But anyway! Thank you so much for reading and don't forget to vote! <3