Prologue: So Gay

I sighed as I looked into my tall mirror. I, Jasper Woods was a geek. I put on my large black glasses and admired my wardrobe choice: a slightly oversized brown and blue argyle sweater, the collar of my white button-up peeping out, khaki shorts, black converse, and some mid-shin socks.
"This is swell...", I muttered as I grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs to the kitchen.
"So gay dude.", my brother chuckled as I entered the kitchen.
"It's not called being gay, it's called looking fabulous.", I retorted, trying to hide my grin.
  My brother Eric was my older twin, but just by looking at us you'd swear we were from different mothers. Eric was average height, but built like a tank. He was a people person and was always alpha. Me on the other hand, I'm slim, short, inrtoverted, and would rather read a book than play ball.
"There's a house party tonight at my buddy John's after football practice, you should come and try to find some friends." Eric said before grabbing a piece of bacon and leaving.
"I have friends!", I yelled back.
"Riiiight." His replied as the front door slammed shut.
"I do... just not popular ones...", I muttered under my breath as I walked to the garage to retrieve my bicycle.