Chapter 1

"He's gone into hiding."

"Nico, he's my best friend, where is he?"

"Has it ever crossed your mind that the gods are listening, Chase?"

"Yes, actually, it has. But you can't be the only one who knows his location! He trusts me more than you."

"You're supposed to be a daughter of Athena! If I told you where he was the Olympians would know! And as of right now, he trusts me more. You broke his heart, I helped him find a place out of the gods reach."

"I can't control my feelings, di Angelo, and there were worse ways to break it off with him."

"Just shut up!" The boy melted into shadows, he didn't need to deal with her right now. She didn't need to know she may never see Her best friend' again.

Annabeth Chase found herself alone on the mound of rocks that formed a fist in a cool clearing of Camp Halfblood's woods. She knew this wasn't a good place to exchange secrets, it was called Zeus' fist after all, but she was getting desperate, and Nico di Angelo probably wouldn't be back at camp for a few months.

...

An enormous palace was made of glittering black obsidian with a black marble portico, it is guarded by the skeletons of dead soldiers from different wars around the world. Many of the rooms were made of gold and silver, decorated with bouquets of flowers made of precious metals and jewels.

In front of the palace is a garden, which has been said to be one of the most beautiful gardens ever known to Earth. A pair of Thrones, one bone, and one silver, sat on the balcony with a view of the Fields of Asphodel.

Hestia sat on the floor of one of the palace's chambers, a fire started in front of her. "Zeus planned it from the start." She whispered. A boy sat beside her, bright green eyes, dull as he watched her. "When he refused our acceptance into the council- he did it because he doesn't want our votes. He knew we would vote for you..." Hestia poked the flames, watched them rise, the light cast eerie shadows on the walls. "But he didn't know I would aid you and he never foresaw Hades' assistance either."

The god of the underworld appeared behind her. "We have to start. Poseidon won't be here anytime soon."

Hestia didn't even glance at him. "What's our brother doing now?"

"He's on a vacation."

"That's certainly no coincidence."

"Of course not."

Hestia turned to the teenager beside her, "Are you ready?"

The boy stared at her,"Will I be able to come back?"

Hestia didn't know, no one left and came back. But she didn't need to tell him that, because she was already forcing him to leave his family and everyone he had ever known.

But she couldn't let him stay either, he would die.

Instead, she said, "Get your wife, Hades, it should be enough."

Hades disappeared, the shadows pulling him in. It suddenly became silent, Hestia rested her hand on the boy's and squeezed reassuringly.

"Should be?"

"Yes."

Then Hades materialized, hand in hand with the goddess of spring, the scent of rose petals became apparent at her arrival. Hestia smiled at her niece (and sister in law).

"You know what we have to do."

Persephone nodded, her gaze fell on the only demigod in the room.