Chapter 1.

Money.

That's one thing we don't have much of.

My name is Kiku. Honda Kiku.

But it doesnt matter. It's not like people would remember anyway.

Nobody really does. (Not counting family.)

I live in a large household, with 2 sisters, and 5 brothers, but a poor household.

But we get through it fine, as good as can be.

But my life isn't all that bad...kinda...

"U-um...Kiku.."

I turn and look up from my reading (Thinking), seeing one of my sisters, Taiwan.

"I'm hungry.."

I smile to myself, putting down my book. Oh well, it's about breakfeast time anyway...

"Alright then."

I get up, wrapping my night kimono tightly around me as i stroll from my room, past the hallway of rooms (mines all the way at the end, then in order, me, big brother china, taiwan, hong kong, korea, thailand, vietnam, and then tibet), and into the kitchen, slidding the thin paper door open so i can slip in, Taiwan following behind.

As i prepare the water for the rice, warming up the water in a pan over the stove, in a daze, i fail at noticing Taiwan's warning yelp.

"Oh Kiku~" Arms fling around me, wraping me up in a warm embrace, as the hands go straight to my-

"Korea!" I yelp, surprised, my face gone completely red.

I try to move away from his groping hands, forgetting the boiling pan of water in my hands, as the boiling water spills all over my hands and on the front of my kimono, burning though the fabric, burning my chest and shoulders.

I yelp, again, but this time in pain, dropping to the ground on my knees, craddling my burnt hands to my burnt chest.

This finally stops Korea, but i wish i didn't have to get hurt in order to stop those hands.

"Oh my god, Kiku, i'm so sorry! Really i am! These cursed hands!"

He grabs my burning hands as he talks, which burns and hurts, but i make no sound indicating that it does, which it certainly does!

And Taiwan, now as pale as a ghost, turns and runs from the kitchen, hopfully to go get someone else to help, cause if you know Korea, it's hard to trust him to be serious in this kind of situation.

What a morning this turned out to be...

i sigh, being carfull of the burns.

"So, what did you do to your hands? It looks like you stuck them in Mt. Fuji or something..."

I look up, seeing my other brother, Hong Kong.

Always the Jokester huh?...

"No, i haven't done that lately, i'll make a mental note to try that someday..."

"It's my fault, all my fault! Korea says, dramatically throwing himself at Hong's feet, wrapping his hands around Hong's legs.

"Please don't hurt me, i bet of you! it's these cursed hands i tell you! I promise, i'll stoping groping for a month, no, a week!"

"Would you stop it!" Hong says, trying to kick Korea away, annoyance now has slipped into his voice.

"What's with all this commotion here?"