𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SIXTEEN | BECAUSE THE NIGHT

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

DAMON AND RILEY KEPT THE REAL REASON FOR THEIR TRIP TO NEW YORK VERY CLOSE TO THEIR CHEST. Neither of them wanted Elena to know that they were still trailing Katherine in an attempt to find the cure, so they just kept her guessing. Though, given Damon's countless stories about his time in New York, Elena figured he was just reminiscent on the time he spent in the city.

"So, you and Riley dragged me all the way to New York because you were feeling nostalgic?" Elena huffed as she, Riley and Damon walked through one of the the many busy sidewalks of New York City.

"No, we dragged you to New York because in a matter of three days you managed to piss off everyone in Mystic Falls. A little more difficult to do in a city of millions." Damon shook his head with fingers firmly intertwined with Riley's as they walked beside each other.

The doppelgänger rolled her eyes in response to the criticism. "I was hungry."

"Hungry? More like reckless." Riley pitched in with a raised eyebrow.

"Emotionless." Elena scowled back toward the strawberry-blonde. "There's a difference."

"Look, all that matters is that when I lived here I fed like crazy, and had a blast, and went undetected for years." Damon continued to explain with a pointed look on his face.

"So, we're just here to have fun?" Elena stopped in her tracks and began to eye the couple up suspiciously. "What's the catch?"

"Why's there need to be a catch? Look, we've gotten you out of Mystic Falls, like you wanted. Just chill out a little, alright?" Riley hummed while she saw a flicker of a smirk appear on Elena's face.

"See, that's the beauty of New York. There's so much life that a little death goes unnoticed." Damon encouraged the doppelgänger who had suddenly dropped her guard and wandered off to experience the city whilst they stayed behind.

"Don't you think it's time we tell Stefan what we're actually doing?" Riley shrugged toward her boyfriend, whilst a soft grunt escaped his lips. "Come on, okay? He deserves to be kept in the loop."

"Yeah, but you know what he's going to say. I'm gonna get a lot of angry scolding, brooding and then he's gonna demand we bring her back home."

"Well, then explain yourself and maybe he won't be so pissed, you dumbass."

"Fine." Damon rolled her eyes once he saw Stefan calling him yet again. He had spent the better part of the morning dodging his brother's inquisitive calls, but he figured he better answer. "Let me save you the trouble of even asking the question, brother. Riley and I took Elena to New York." Riley rolled her eyes as she watched a smirk form on Damon's face.