Cookie Cat!

"NOOOOOOO!!" A squeaky agonized scream echoed in the room. "This can't be happening! This has to be a dream!"

"What is it now, Steven?" Sadie asked, her ears ringing from the young boy's yelling. Lars grumbled along, next to her, with a pair of skull headphones clamped over his drooping ears.

"Why in the world would they stop making Cookie Cats!!?" Steven cried, as he planted his face across the cool glass, his eyes staring longingly into the empty refrigerator.

"Tough luck Steven," Lars was now next to him, his arms filled with a variety of frozen treats, as he restocked the other shelves. "I guess they couldn't compete with Lion Lickers." Steven huffed at the mocking tone.

"But no one likes Lion Lickers" Steven shuddered at the name, "They taste like...." He paused, trying to find a good simile. "Like..."

"...Like magical lizards!!"

Lars eyed him weirdly before moving on to the pile of boxes of chips he had to stock. "A ton of kids eat em' more than your Cat Cookies though." He smirked at Steven's paling face.

Steven spluttered incoherently before scoffing.

"Cookie Cats" he corrected an indifferent Lars, before turning dramatically.

"Kids these days." Steven grouched. "I tell you what." Lars rolled his eyes.

"If you want some so bad, why don't you rob Gurgen's, I'm pretty sure they have some in stock left. So go bother them instead of me." Lars shooed him, while Sadie smacked his arm and scolded him for being so rude.

Steven sighed as he once again planted his face on the Cookie Cat themed fridge. Sadie and Lars just stared at him.

"Um, Steven..?" His silent solemn embrace continued. Sadie raised an eyebrow while Lars just shook his head and grunted, before turning to leave.

"Do you want to take the fridge home with you?"

Steven skipped merrily with the fridge, his mouth whistling a tune that he could not come up with lyrics for. Maybe Dad could help him with songwriting later? He hopped up the steps to the boardwalk, passing a fence that surrounded the hill of the beach. The carwash's sign soon came to view as Steven picked up his speed.

"Dad! Daaad! Daaaad!" Steven yelled as he skidded to a stop in front of a parked car. The fridge slid off slightly and he had to adjust his grip on the cold metal.

"Who's there?! I have a waffle iron and I'm not afraid to use it!" A familiar voice called out sleepily. Steven bounded past the corner of the car wash to see Greg, holding his waffle iron 'weapon' in confusion.

"Hey Dad!" Greg turned to see his beaming son leap into his arms. He smiled at the sight, but it soon turned into a grimace due to the added weight of the fridge.

"Hey Stu-ball!" Greg grunted. "Where'd ya get that from?" He asked as he placed his son back down and glanced curiously at the fridge.

Steven's beaming smile faltered a bit at the reminder of his discontinued favorite treat.

"Oh, Sadie and Lars gave it to me," he paused. "Well more Sadie than Lars. Apparently, they stopped making Cookie Cats.." Steven pouted, while Greg whistled a sad tune at the news.

"Well buddy, maybe I've got some in the mini-fridge, I'll go check." Steven's eyes sparkled at the offer, as he hopped giddily.

"Thanks Dad!" He chimed, as Greg started his walk to the van. Steven busied himself near the car-wash bucket, entranced by the soap bubbles that floated inside the opaque water.

Little did he know that he was being watched.

"He's just saying that he wants more of those weird Cookie Kittens.." A young purple gem muttered, as she craned her neck as far as she could from inside the bushes to hear what the young boy was saying. Another lankier gem huffed next to her when she was smacked in the face by a couple of brambles.

"Amethyst!" She hissed at the purple gem, who snickered loudly.

"Maybe we could go out and steal a bunch of those Cookie Kittens for him?" Amethyst asked absentmindedly, as Pearl spat out the dry leaves that landed in her mouth. "Oh ho ho ho," Amethyst chuckles excitedly when her eyes land on the familiar figure of Greg.

"Oh man! Pearl, you won't believe this, but I think Greg put even more weight on!" She chortled. "And those tan lines!" She guffawed.

"HIS HAIR TOO!" Amethyst was struggling to catch her breath at the sight of Greg's balding forehead.

Pearl scoffed at the comments. "Really Amethyst, I don't think this is the time to be making fun of... Greg." Her voice cracked at the name. "We have much more bigger problems hand. It's only a matter of time before Steven's gem activates, along with his powers, an-"

Amethyst groaned loudly in irritation. "Yeah, yeah. I know Pearl. You and Garnet told me like a million times." She waved dismissively, not interested in another lecture.

"Really? Then, tell me why we're out here." Pearl challenged. "You must know after Garnet and I told you a million times."

Amethyst's smirk widened.

"Easy." She poked Pearl's nose teasingly, ignoring the indignant squawk that rose as a result.

"Rose's gem is gonna activate soon. And when that happens," she opened the bush to reveal a bored Steven plucking the strings of his ukulele in the distance.

"Steven is going to join the Crystal Gems."

A/N: yooooo guys This hiatus is killing me so I decided to get my su feels out in the form of writing, along with singing, crying, and singing while crying. Hope you enjoy!