I

Jinsol made many mistakes in her life - she wasn't exactly the brightest light bulb out there -, but right now, she didn't exactly care. She ate an apple lazily, watching as Yves danced from her too comfortable couch. The human girl by her side seemed anxious.

One of her mistakes, she figured, was stepping inside that fairy door, even though she didn't know what it was, at the time.

She hadn't meant to cross over the fairy realm, but when Jinsol noticed, she wasn't in any place she recognized anymore, the trees a wrong shade of green, the sky too dark, branches hanging heavy with fruit over her head, a sweet smell in the air. It fascinated her, even if the content of her stomach lurched dangerously, as if, in some deep, primal level, Jinsol was aware this wasn't a place she was supposed to be. However, even if her guts screamed at her to go back, to find her way back home, Jinsol ignored it - there wasn't a place for her to go back. Jinsol was alone.

Soon enough she found herself a companion - a girl with long dark hair, bright eyes that shone with inhuman intelligence, pointed ears, a feathery white dress, and bleeding gold from a small wound in her knees, like a child who had fallen in the rough pavement.

Jinsol - more heart than brains - sat with her and picked from her pockets the band-aids she carried for herself. With a silent question and an even more silent answer, Jinsol cleaned the small wound, her tissues tinted yellow-ish, and then, a cute Gundam bandaid to top it off. She smiled at the stranger with pointy years, and the girl's dark eyes shone.

"It seems I am indebted to you," The girl started, careful, as if overthinking each and every word she spoke. "Might I ask your name?"

This was yet another of her mistakes, but Jinsol didn't know that yet. It would be a lesson learned at a later date.

"It's Jinsol. Jung Jinsol." She replied, and the girl smiled, bright and dangerous. "What about you?"

"Yves." The girl rose up, patting her dress, and offered Jinsol a hand. She accepted, and Yves was - too close. If Jinsol wanted to, she could count the eyelashes in Yves' eyes, her breath warm against Jinsol's skin, hands cold in her arms. The other girl was too cold, but Jinsol hadn't had the time to pick up a coat, when she had run away. "You're quite too nice for this place, Jinsol, but no worries. I'll help you."

Jinsol stared at Yves, and Yves simply smiled, stepping back, her cold hands leaving Jinsol's arms and somehow, leaving an afterthought that Jinsol wouldn't have minded if they stayed.

As if reading her mind (in a later analysis, Jinsol figured that yes, maybe she was), Yves' hands found her own, and the girl started pulling her along the dark forest path.

"Uh, where we are?" Jinsol asked, avoiding being hit by a dark red plum by a hair, and Yves giggled, like a mischievous kid. It was a sweet laugh.

The ground beneath their feet changed from old leaves to a beaten dirt path, and small houses started to be seen in the distance, painted in delightfully bright colors. It didn't seem like they had walked so much. Jinsol didn't even feel tired.

"We're in the fairy realm, Jinsol." She knew she wasn't supposed to like the way Yves said her name. She enjoyed it anyway, noticing, in the corner of her vision, that the small houses she had seen what she had thought it to be a moment ago were passing blurrily by them, as if they weren't traveling by foot, but by car, going too fast. "I'm surprised you made it this far without knowing any of the rules, but it happens every once in a while."

Jinsol furrowed her brow, and Yves looked at her over the shoulder, smiling prettily, fangs showing between her lips. They stopped in front of the entrance to a richly decorated cave, the opening closed with colorful satin, a garden with turquoise grass and furniture sprawled everywhere punctuating the space and welcoming them. The same heavy trees from before were over Jinsol's head, filled with ripe apples.