𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | AMERICAN GOTHIC

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THANKFULLY AFTER CALLING STEFAN, IT TURNED OUT THAT SHERIFF FORBES MANAGED TO TRACK DOWN DAMON'S CAR AFTER REBEKAH AND ELENA DITCHED IT. The Salvatore wasn't sure what he was more annoyed about, the girls basically leaving Riley for dead or the fact that he got his neck snapped. Both irritated him equally.

After refuelling Damon's car, they headed into a quaint town which was on the list as one of Katherine's more recent addresses. "Something's not right. Katherine Pierce does not hole up in in Hickstown, P-A."

"Well, this is definitely the car they stole." Stefan pointed to the abandoned car that had the same registration as the one they stole after they abandoned Damon's when it ran out of gas. "We're in the right place."

Inquisitively, Damon pressed his head against the passenger window and peaked inside the interior of the stolen car. "Points to them for their choice of vehicles."

"So, boys, what happens when we eventually find Elena, huh? I mean, she's not gonna just willingly come with us. And, she's got Rebekah with her, so it's not going to be easy." Riley paced the pavement while the two Salvatore's sighed out.

"We do whatever we have to do. I don't care if we have to throw Rebekah under a school bus, and wrap Elena up in a burlap sack." Damon gave the two and unwavering look. "We do whatever we have to do."

A small scoff left the witch's lips. "Damon, I'm being serious."

"I am, too. I don't care what Elena wants right now. She's this close to going off the rails for good. And, that ain't happening. She's a pain enough as it is."

"So, what happened to the guy who thought Elena should embrace being a vampire. Let the chips fall where they may." Stefan mocked from behind him.

"That guy got his neck snapped in New York and Riley almost got killed. This guy is royally pissed off." Damon's eyes narrowed with vengeance.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After a short walk, the three wandered past a café where they saw Rebekah and Katherine seated around a table. They wasted no time entering and making themselves known. "Ladies. Playing nice?" Stefan's raised an eyebrow shortly after he watched Rebekah twist Katherine's arm backward.

"There goes the neighborhood." Katherine groaned once Damon slid into the booth opposite her and Rebekah.

"I see you got Katherine already." Damon gave a nod of approval toward Rebekah, then he turned his attention to Katherine. "You're losing your touch, evil one."

"I'm assuming you know why we're here, so let's cut the crap, shall we?" Riley hummed toward the two vampires as she slid into the seat next to Damon. "Where is she?" They didn't respond, though judging by the unwavering smirk on Katherine's face, she knew exactly where Elena was.