one!

narrator

hayley walked from the bus stop and into the school's back entrance. another day, another three hours of pretending not to know her boyfriend. she walked past the area where his friends and him sat. she made eye contact with jesse and he gave his infamous trademark smirk. she smiled to herself before walking away. it wasn't long until he caught up with her and pulled her into the deserted stairwell.

"hey gorgeous." he smiled, giving hayley a small peck.

"hey." she said, returning his smile.

"i don't have long. i told the guys i was going to one of my classes to pick up my homework i left." he explained.

"how much time do you reckon we have?" she asked.

"five to seven minutes?" he said.

"well, we better put them to good use." she said, pulling his chin down and giving him a passionate kiss.

his hands found their place on her waist. it wasn't long though before the doors next to the stairs opened and a group of girls came piling in. jesse quickly pulled away and acted like he didn't just kiss her. they waited until the girls left. the bell rang and they said our goodbyes. hayley walked to my fifth period class and took her usual seat. her phone buzzed twice and she got a message from him.

jesse
i guess we'll have to finish off what we started (;

hayley laughed and rolled her eyes. she sat through the lesson pretty smoothly. the only thing that really kept her going was that she was going to see jesse. the sixth period bell finally rang and she rushed to see jesse. he was walking with one of his earphones in and his backpack slung over his right shoulder. he smirked at her before walking through the door. she followed right along, swiftly touching his shoulder as she walked past him to her seat.

jesse
you look cute today

hayley smiled and looked up at him. he was talking to his friend, isaac, so she decided to just listen to the art lesson.

"alright class! the principal has decided to allow ms. goldstein and i's class to take an art trip to california. don't worry, it won't be all museums, we'll visit some amusement parks. but i do advise you to bring money for the trip. it'll be roughly a week and we need all of you to pitch for the hotel rooms. since we are on a budget, four people will have to share one room. now, i will be choosing the groups." ms. sherrie said.

there was groan amongst the class when she said that last sentence.

"kayla, bryan, luis, and daniela. you'll be in room 412. "christina, abby, jack, and noah. you'll be in room 413."

hayley waited for her name to called.

"hayley, david, isaac, and.."

she listened closely for that last name for jesse hadn't been called yet.

"...jesse. you'll be in room 418."

she looked at jesse who seemed just as happy as she was to hear that we were going to be spending the week together.

it was now the day they were going to board the plane. the class had all their suitcases and bags ready. they arrived at the airport two hours earlier since there was a lot of students going. after everyone checked in, they still had an hour to kill, so hayley went to go get some food. she was waiting in line for a sandwich when she felt a kiss on her temple and arm slung over her shoulder. she looked over and saw jesse with a huge smile. she kissed him before they heard his name being called around the corner. almost immediately, he took his shoulder off and moved a few feet away.