𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER NINETEEN | SHE'S COME UNDONE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT HAD BEEN DAYS SINCE THE GROUP VERVAINED ELENA AND MOVED TO PLAN B. Once they had gotten her home, they locked her in a safe in an attempt to dry her out. All they wanted was Elena back— the real Elena, not some emotionless version of her. After cooking Riley breakfast, Damon spent the majority of his morning trying to get inside Elena's head to trigger any sort of human emotion.

"You still have her locked in the safe?" Stefan raised an eyebrow once he and Riley stepped down into the basement to see him leaned against the safe with his eyes closed.

"Seriously? You've been in there for like an hour." The strawberry-blonde hummed. "Still nothing?"

"How you doin' in there?" Damon asked whilst he simply opened the door to the safe to reveal Elena, who was slumped in a pile on the floor. "Come on." He yanked the girl out of the safe whilst she thrashed against his grip. "Is the old you ready to come out and play?"

"Go to hell." She spat viciously back toward the Salvatore without a hint of remorse.

"Okay. Back you go." He smirked before he picked her up and pushed her back into the safe whilst he slammed the door shut once more. "We can do this the nice way, or we can do it the other way. But, either way, we're not stopping until you turn your humanity switch back on. So, I'm gonna let you think about that, and I'm gonna come back for you in a couple hours or in a couple years. Because all we have is time."

Once Damon slammed the safe shut, the three supernaturals made their way back up the staircase and out of the basement. "Do you two really think this is going to work. I mean, it's been ages. She hasn't improved at all."

"No, because she doesn't want to. Not yet." Stefan shrugged simply, glancing toward the strawberry-blonde whilst Damon nodded and disappeared down the hall. "She's devastated. She lost her brother, attacked her friends, killed an innocent woman.

Caroline's eyes widened as she wandered inside the house, clearly intent on seeing how her friend was doing. "You said you knew how to help me."

"I did say that. We are." Stefan told the blonde.

"How? By torturing her?" Caroline flapped her arms around with a pointed look on her face.

"Apparently, it's an intervention." Riley tried to explain as Caroline's eyes fell to her. "The whole reason they're doing this, is because they're trying to provoke some sort of emotion."

"Let me talk to her. Before any more interventioning. If she's weak, she can't hurt me." Caroline begged the Salvatore, though Stefan wore an unchanged look on his face. "Please. Just let me try."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After Caroline's attempt at trying to trigger an emotion inside Elena went awry. The Salvatore's had another plan in store— torture her until she saw no other option than to turn it back on. Of course, Riley and Caroline did not agree with the plan, and so they wandered out onto the front porch in an attempt to distract themselves.