Prologue

"Well, we have to do something. He's sitting here for god's sake." A voice said, faintly. The boy couldn't open his eyes. He had no idea what was happening, or where he was. All that he knew was that he couldn't move.

"Well, you might as well take him to our house until he's better." Another voice said. It seemed to belong to girl.

The boy couldn't see what was happening, but he could feel himself being picked up and carried. He could feel a breeze of wind rush his ears and face and could smell the fresh scent of nature's wonders.

Why do I feel like I've been here before? He thought. That was all he thought before slipping into unconsciousness.

When he awoke, he could open his eyes slightly. He saw a man wringing a cloth above a bowl of water. His vision was blurred a bit so he couldn't see him clearly, but he looked to be a bit of an elderly man.

"How is he, Calem?" The girl voice asked.

"He looks fine. Just a fever, that's all." Calem said. His voice was staggeringly deep.

The girl voice's owner stepped next to Calem. "Well, I'm going into town. We need more cooking supplies." The girl said.

Calem smiled. "Alright. Be careful, Serena."

Serena nodded and then walked out. The boy's vision started to clear and he could see Calem clearly now. He had a small, scraggly grey beard, grey hair, and brown eyes. "Ah. I see you're awake now. You feel okay?" He asked.

The boy felt his head. It felt really hot. "Y-yes. Just a little dizzy is all." The boy staggered.

Calem dipped the cloth in the water and pressed it against his head. "Just rest. It'll feel better in the morning. By the way, I'm Calem." He said smiling.

"Ca-Calem." The boy repeated. "Why does that sound familiar?" The boy sat up a bit. "Uh, where am I?" He asked.

"You're at Flores. A little town on the coast. However me and my daughter Serena live on the border between the country of Glave and Vero." Calem explained. "I assume you're from one of those countries?" He asked.

The boy still couldn't remember anything. "I don't know any one of those things you just said." He said bluntly.

Calem's brow furrowed. "Well then, where exactly did you come from?" Calem questioned. The boy clutched his forehead. "I...I don't know. I don't remember anything." He responded.

Calem nodded. "Well, do you at least have a name?"

"Uh...I still can't remember." He repeated.

For a moment, there was silence. Then Calem sat down on the bed. "You look to be about 12 years old. Would you like me to give you name?" He proposed.

The boy thought on it for a minute, then nodded.

"Hmmmm...How about Xavier? I think it suits you." Calem said.

Xavier nodded. "I like it." He said.

"Well then, Xavier...I have an important question to ask you." Calem said.

Xavier looked at Calem. He had blue eyes and black hair.

"What would you think if we asked you to live with us?" Calem asked.

Xavier was shocked. They would take in a complete stranger who had no memory? Xavier thought on it a bit. He had nowhere else to turn to, nor did he know anyone for that matter.

"I...I'll live here if you'll have me." Xavier shyly asked.

Calem stood smiling. "Well then..." Calem walked to the door. "Get some rest, I've got a few stories to tell you."