there. her bridge.

there.

it was there that she stood at the edge of the bridge. contemplating if she would jump or not. the chilling breeze, flowing gracefully through her naturally curled h/c hair, was as cold as winter's night. but it was only autumn.

y/n l/n was her name. she was no one special. in fact, she lived in the background. yes, it was a hard thing to live with, but she eventually learned to accept it, most of the time at least. her life wasn't always this hard. back then, it was just filled with unfortunate times.

but as the years kept going, things started to worsen. the pain, that y/n endured, became unbearable as time went on. people started to leave her. from her father's passing, onto her mother's, then her grandparents. all one by one, merely years apart. gradually, the only people she loved left her.

she was left with nothing. with no one. nobody to run to, no shoulder to lean on. nobody to laugh with, to cry with. nobody to love her. she was in a state of loss, it felt like a maze with no way out, no matter how many turns she took. and if anyone were to ask, she would put on a smile and act strong. but what else could she have done?

it was all she ever knew how to do. channeling her emotions was all her only strategy. she was raised to be strong and that was exactly what she tried to be. during the day, of course, it was easy. but as soon as night hit, her pain was just too much to continue to ignore.

it's surprising that she had lasted so many years putting on this fake act. but tonight, she decided that she didn't want to do it anymore. she wanted to take that jump.

she wanted to be free from the pain that life unreasonably dumped on her. she wanted everything to stop, the pain, the tears, even the sleepless nights. she wanted to disappear. and now here she was, staring at the water below her. the last seconds of pain. y/n took a deep breath, stepping forward.

the ground underneath the soles of her (run-down) shoes faded away as the wind kept blowing through her hair. except, she wasn't falling. it didn't feel like she was falling. she opened her eyes to see she was still on the bridge, but this time a strong grip around her waist was holding her up, preventing her from attempting to jump again.

"w-what?" y/n looked down at the hands, feeling her heart begin to beat fast out of fear. why would a random stranger save me, of all people? "put me down please.." she whispered to the man holding her tightly.

the unidentified male didn't say anything to her, instead, he pulled her farther away from the edge, forcefully hugging her. she tried and tried, and... tried to resist. attempting to pull away from him, but it was no use. he was stronger than her. she didn't want to let him know she was weak. that she was broken. she wanted him to let her go, so she could be saved from this sad embarrassment.

but neither of them were budging. both being too determined. so, they stayed in that position for a while, both not daring to move a muscle despite the unforgiving winds that attacked them as they stood there. the cars behind them occasionally slowing down, looking at the scene but not caring enough to delay their time from getting where they needed to be.

"it's okay," the voice said, quietly. it felt to y/n as if he had read her mind, because after those words left his mouth she broke down crying, sobbing loudly into the coat of the stranger's. she was weak. she knew it. she felt vulnerable in his arms and she hated it. but she needed to be able to express her pain, for once in her god awful life.

she now wanted people to know how miserable she really was. how she was a weak person who was wrongfully put to fit the mold of a person with strength. she was broken.