⠀⠀𝟬𝟮. ❛ LIES IN THE DARK ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌 ❜

chapter no. 002!

❝ A LITTLE FAR FROM HOME

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     A SOFT YET SHARP BEEP ECHOED FROM INSIDE THE JEAN POCKET OF THE AGENT ACROSS FROM ME, AND I WATCHED AS HE PULLED OUT A SMALL, BLACK PHONE. His eyes swiftly scanned the screen and he quickly typed out a reply, locking the phone and putting it away. Nearly fifteen seconds later, there was almost an inaudible beep that could be heard from behind me.

     "We're being watched right now, aren't we?"

     These agents need to learn when to give up.

     "Cara, you can stop with the silent treatment. The cameras are off now." A sensation of mild anxiety, that I didn't realize was present, dissipated. Everything was still going according to plan. "I'm SSA Derek Morgan and this is SSA David Rossi. We're from the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI." Agent Morgan clarified, finally introducing himself and his colleague.

     "I was under the impression the BAU was located in Quantico, Virginia, and dealt with cases in the United States. You're a little far from home, are you not?" The words slipped off my tongue with grace and I held back a conniving smirk.

     "Taunt them... Mock them... Distract them..." were the last whispered words I heard from Jarrod Bacon over the phone last night before being taken into custody this morning. If the cameras were turned off during the interrogation, that was what I was supposed to do.