Chapter 1: Rush Hour

I groaned as the light streamed from the window, hitting my face full on. I turned over, pushing my purple hair out of my face and promptly fell out of the bunk bud.

"Schist!" I yelled, rubbing my back in pain.

A pair of shoes came into my view and "softly" kicked my face. "Watch your language, sista!"

An identical face lowered down to mine, except for the fact that her hair was red.

I groaned and trapped her legs in my arms. "Andrea, go away. No one wants to see you this early."

Andrea glared at me but then smiled mischievously, "Early, Kiana? Why, it's the afternoon, and you've missed breakfast, not to mention training! Chiron is going to be pretty angry."

I let go of her, and shot up, instantly getting dizzy, angry about breakfast.

Oh no. No time for that.

I stumbled around the cabin, looking for any wearable clothes. I grabbed some skinny jeans, stuffed my legs into them and bolted out of the cabin, dragging a comb through my hair while I ran. I could hear Andrea snickering.

On my way to the Big House, where I was going to beg Chiron for mercy, I ran into a teal-haired girl.

"Woah, watch it, Kiana. It's too early for this kind of running." The girl, who I recognized as Luna Moon, one of my friends from Camp-Half Blood, said, rubbing the arm l hit.

I looked at her confused but continued my run, sprinting past a blond-haired girl with red/yellow tips, Tala, from the Apollo cabin, Rachel, a Poseidon camper with blond hair, blue tips, and Queen, an Athena camper, who looked eerily like Emma Watson. They all looked after me weirdly, they were probably wondering why I was running since I hate moving. I'm lazy. What can I say?

As I approached the Big House, I ran up to the porch, where Sapphire, another daughter of Athena, and Ireland, a Poseidon kid, were talking. They both stopped when they saw me bolt up the steps, sweating.

They stood there, speechless, and when I asked where Chiron was, they merely pointed inside in shock.

I should really stop being lazy so people stop this.

As I ran inside, Chiron was at the table, in wheelchair form, sipping his coffee, flipping his newspaper.

I ran to the table and threw myself to the floor. "Oh great Chiron, awesome teacher, majestic centaur of amazingness, please, please, please don't do any of the following:

Kick me out

Kill me.

Release spiders onto me. (I may be an Iris girl but still.)

Or remove my limbs.

Please do:

Forgive me.

Love me.

FEED ME.

That is all."

I lay on the floor and waited for my judgment. Chiron was silent for so long that I looked up and saw his face full of confusion, tinged with amusement. "Now what brought this?"

I looked shamefully down and said, "I'm sorry I missed training and breakfast. Especially breakfast."

Chiron's face still contained a confused look as he said, "But it's only seven in the morning."

I looked at him, and then the clock. And then back at him. And then to the clock. And then him. And the clock. Over and over.

And then I screamed and ran out.

"ANDREAAAAAAA!"