When Lightning Strikes (Prologue)

This is SORT OF a Greek Mythology story, but not quite. Some parts will follow the myths closely, some will just be made up gibberish! I'm pulling my creative license to say that this is MY story, which means that I'm entitled to write it however I see fit. If you comment on it saying "This is wrong, it should actually be.." or anything along the lines of that, you WILL be ignored. There isn't a set way to write a story, if you're too close minded to entertain different interpretations, then this story isn't for you. 

ALSO! If this story seems familiar to you, please read my bio! :)

Prologue-

Thunder rolled in the dark skies as the rain pelted violently against the muddy earth. 

Erron squinted his eyes, trying to see ahead of him despite the rain. 

His opponent stood only a few yards in front of him, through the rain, he could vaguely make out the outline of his body. He was large, hairy, and canine-like, but his eyes were his most prominent feature. 

Lightening struck the ground right in the middle of the two beings as they stared each other down. It didn't even faze the two as they stood, unmoving. 

Another bolt of lightening struck a little too close to Erron for his liking, and he looked up at the dark, angry skies, acknowledging the not so subtle warning that Zeus was giving him. He nodded at the skies, and turned his head back to the large beast. 

I'm sorry, but this is the way it has to be. Erron apologized silently. 

He never wanted things to come to this end, but he was a firm believer in "whatever happens, happens." He didn't know who would walk away from this fight, but he was going to let whatever happened, happen. If it ended in his own death, then so be it. But he would be sure to take the beast down with him, no matter what. 

With that thought, he looked into the eyes of the beast as shone a dark, angry red. As his body was hidden in a cloak of darkness, his eyes looked like two orbs of red floating in mid air. 

As a kid, those eyes haunted his dreams. 

And now that he'd grown up, they still did. 

He always thought that the beast was an insignificant being created by his own mind. But now he knew better. 

Nothing was insignificant in his world now. 

He never thought that he'd face the beast outside of his dreams, but here they were. The beast's eyes shot daggers through him and Erron clutched his sword in a clenched fist. 

Now is the time. The voice whispered.