curly fries

millie

i'm millie.
i'm 17, and i 'live' with my brother, noah.
we were kicked out when we were both 15, because mom and dad hated the fact that noah was gay, and that i was into drugs.

i was there for him when our own parents weren't.

i guess you could say we're homeless.
we live in an alley, a clean one. we have blankets, pillows, and fairy lights. noah got a job at the dollar store, and that's what we're living on.

one trip a month to the grocery store, and one trip a year to the thrift store to keep us alive and covered. i wear a big flannel and ripped jeans almost everyday. we shower with bottled water and body soap.

i love noah with my whole heart. he's my everything. i don't think i would've survived without him.

"check out curly fries over there."
noah snaps me away from my thoughts, making me look at him, then looking in the direction of his eyes.

across the street, there stood a tall skinny boy dressed in a black sweater, black jeans, and black on black converse, with dark curls and a cigarette in hand. he's standing outside a venue that has flashing lights a booming music.

that's the guy that noah and i point out almost everyday. he always walks out of there with a different girl everyday. our nickname for him is 'curly fries' because of his hair if you couldn't already tell.

i think he's pretty cute, but i don't tell noah.

we always play a game to see what kind of girl he'll take home. sometimes it's some goth chic with really cool makeup, or it's some hot blonde who looks like regina george.

"okay so i think he'll walk out with a big fat chic. he never walks out with one of those." noah says, popping a pretzel into his mouth.
"oh my god noah." i lightly laugh, shaking my head.

noah was always the one to be brutally honest and sometimes rude without even knowing it. i love him for that though.

the tall mystery boy throws his cigarette onto the pavement before stomping on hit, then walking into the venue slightly bobbing his head to the music that gets louder as he opens the door and heads in.

the music is usually some sort of shitty heavy metal band fresh out of college looking for fame.

-

it's been almost an hour, and noah and i have just been talking to each other about how much he'll have to work this week.

we hear obnoxiously loud laughing from across the street, and both noah and i snap our heads in that direction, stopping our conversation.

curly fries had his arm over a 'bigger' looking girl with long brown hair and tight clothing. she was actually really pretty.

"yep. i called it." noah glances over to me, holding in a laugh. i playfully hit his arm, and he lets out his laughter. i look back over at the little duo, and they're now making out, her hands running all over his chest, with his hands all over her back.

i scrunch my face up in disgust, covering my face with a pillow. noah laughs at my reaction, and laughs even harder at curly fries and his little 'friend.'

i move the pillow from my face, to see that the two have already walked away, and noah's laughing died down. i groan laying down on my stomach, sprawling my limbs out like a spider.

"hey! scooch your mooch." noah's voice cracks a little, making me burst out into a fit of laughter.

"whatever. go to sleep." he hits me with a pillow, laying down next to me.

after a few more seconds, we lay in silence.

"love you." i say, shattering the silence.

"love you too millster."

his breathing becomes heavier, signaling that he's asleep already. i smile to myself, and start to doze off.

••••

first chapter!!

i love the picture it looks like noah and millie ugh.