⠀⠀𝟬𝟰. ❛ MADE OF STONE ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE
━━ ❛ 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒆 ❜

ABLOCATE ▇▇▇▇ VOLUME ONE━━ ❛ 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒆 ❜

chapter no. 004!

❝ A HELL OF HEAV'N

❝ A HELL OF HEAV'N.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     ONE TIME, WHEN I WAS QUITE YOUNG, MY FATHER SPONTANEOUSLY DECIDED TO DRIVE US TO THE BEACH FOR THE DAY. Despite the closest beach being hours away from where we lived—it didn't matter. I'd never been before. My whole world had been solely confined to the mahogany brick, two-story oblong house that we called home. So, going to the beach was something new. The journey and experience were exhilarating, nerve-wracking, and enigmatic all at once.

     We were nearly two hours away from the oceanfront when it had begun to pour. The rain hit and kicked at the windows of the car so violently that it was nearly impractical to hear my own thoughts. The world had turned into a black-and-white film with a never-ending soundtrack, filled with the sound of water cursing at the world. Then, as if it were magic, it stopped. The rain stopped and everything was silent. The world was silent.

     It was at that moment that I learned that silence can be comforting, but terrifying. It can be a friendly smile or a cold glare. Silence is sometimes similar to yourself. It can be your best friend and worst enemy all in one. It can warm your heart or cut you cold. It can mend you or break you.

     And that silence was what I was engulfed in right now. It took up every available space in the room. The only thing that I could hear was the clock and the sound of my steady breathing.

     I usually didn't mind the silence all that much; it was what I'd known for the bulk of my life, but right now, it was eating at me. Two hours, fifteen minutes, and thirty-eight seconds had passed since the two agents walked out of the room with no explanation, and I desperately wanted to stand up and stretch my legs. To do anything but sit here any longer than I already had. I was growing restless; anxious.