Competition 1/2 | Natsuya Kirishima x Reader

You took one last gaze at the school, a whole chapter of your life seemingly closing before you.

You served your position as captain of the women's volleyball team dutifully. The last three years were tinged with pride, leading your team and proudly donning your school uniform to it's first national competition in a whole generation. You remembered the sour faces of the girls tinged with purple and white uniforms, students of Shiratorizawa Academy.

A private school that bred absolute winners - students who lived and breathed volleyball. Who payed tuition that could rival universities, with the hopes of progressing farther than anyone else in the sport within their prefecture.

It was a rare feat, one that had you absolutely exhausted, but joyful beyond compare in the end.

There was nothing that could rival the adrenaline that coursed through your veins as you engaged in the sport that promulgated your heart and mind.

But that whole era was coming to an end, forcing you to retired from the team that you had fostered for years.

"I don't like when you look so sad, (F/N)-chan." Your best-friend of three years commented, poking you on the forehead to stir you out of your stupor.

"Don't be mean to (F/N)." Nao chuckled at your grumbling, "She's enjoying one last view."

"Don't worry." Natsuya threw a lazy arm over your shoulders. "(F/N) will never stay mad at me."

You rolled your eyes, but did not push his appendage from your body.

It's not like what he said was a lie, You mused.

Even though the two boys were more encompassed with swimming rather than your own sport, you did not allow that to sever your friendship. Being in the same class all three years of high-school, you found solace in the two members of the swim team. There was something strangely charming about the two, which made you sit with them during your first class in attending the school.

It only progressed from there. Even with up's and down's of all sorts of drama, you managed to come out still best-friends in the end.

Through Nao and Natsu's unending swimming drama, the brunet's own family problems (specifically his younger brother), and even your own share of incidents with your team - the three of you continued to support one another.

Your most recent fight was only a few months prior. You had half the mind to drag Natsuya out of his house and beat him with your own two hands, when you learned second-handedly that the man had not applied to any universities.

His mother had kindly let you in the house, unaware of the storm brewing within your mind. You slammed open the door to his bedroom, where Natsuya was immediately clamoring to an upright position from his laid-out spot in bed.

You shouted the information Nao had accidentally told you, "What about your future? What about swimming?"

"I don't need a degree or a school to enjoy swimming." Natsuya commented, pointing a playful finger gun in your direction.

"I'm serious, Natsu." You replied, "I care about you. What are you going to do after graduation?"

His smile slowly dipped, before he took your hand in his and explained. "I love swimming, but that doesn't mean I need medals. I want to swim unhindered."

He paused, a smile now adorning his face. "And the world is much larger than Japan."

"You're going to travel abroad?" You asked, a brow raised and pout a little deeper.

Natsuya used both hands to squeeze your cheeks, then attempted to turn your frown upside down. "I'm going to compete in swimming competitions around the world. And use that money to travel."