One

"I promise," he said in a husky voice. "I promise to love you," I buried my face deeper in his sweatshirt. We were lying on the couch, me in his warm embrace. 

"Okay," I whispered back. "Me too,"

3 years before. . .

**Ding dong**

"Oop!" I said, placing my phone on the counter and shuffling to the door. I opened it and saw Park Jimin standing there with a huge smile on his face. 

"Ah, Jimin-ah!" I said, grinning back at my best friend. He glanced at my clothes and then glanced at his side. I frowned, confused. He walked in and quickly closed the door behind him. "What happened?" I asked, he picked at my sleeve. I was wearing a long-sleeved, beige sweater and gray, fleece capris, my favorite pair of pjs. 

"You remember that friend I was talking about the other day?" he asked me. I nodded slowly. "Yeah, he's here with me," he pointed back to the closed door. My jaw dropped. 

"Park Jimin!" I said loudly. Jimin looked at his feet in shame. 

"I know, I know, but save the scolding for later? I can't just leave the poor guy out there," he said quietly. I sighed. 

"Okay, but I'm not changing just to meet him! I'm comfy and I'm staying comfy," I stated. Jimin rolled his eyes and then gave me an innocent smile. I grumbled under my breath as he turned to open the door. 

In stepped a gorgeously, serious man. He barely gave me an ounce of acknowledgement. He looked extremely uninterested. 

"Hi, nice to meet you, my name is Song Mi-Young," I said, awkwardly holding out my hand. 

"Kim Taehyung," he said. His voice was so damn deep. I bit the inside of my cheek as he took my hand and gave it one firm shake. He dropped his hand, walked straight to the living room and plopped himself down on my couch, facing away from us. I scoffed at his arrogant behavior. 

"Wow," I said, glaring at the floor. Jimin turned to me and gave me a pleading look. 

"C'mon Mi young-ah, just give him a chance. He hasn't dated much," Jimin whispered. "I think he's just lonely," he said. I rolled my eyes. 

"Then why don't you just date him?" I asked in a hushed, harsh voice. Jimin pouted. I was getting tired of eye-rolls. 

"Okay!" I said putting my hands up in surrender. "Fine," I watched as Kim Taehyung put his feet on my coffee table. My mouth opened at his rudeness. 

He think he can just stride into a person's house that he hasn't even met before and do whatever he wants?! I thought to myself, internally screaming. I'll show him. Just because you're handsome doesn't mean you can do anything you desire.

I walked up in front of him and gave him my best sarcastic smile. "Sorry, no feet on the table," he licked his lips rudely, glanced to the side and reluctantly put his feet down. "Thank you!" I said in a shrill voice. "But I can get you a drink that does belong on the coffee table!" I said, again, overly enthusiastic. Kim Taehyung tsked before looking me dead in the eye. 

"Yeah, sure, get me a coffee," he said, almost demanding. My eyes widened and then I remembered to smile. 

"Of course!" I walked away, trying so hard not to stomp. 

I walked into the kitchen to find Jimin raiding my fridge. 

"Uh, uh," I said, slapping his hand away from the refrigerator door. "You don't deserve anything, you brought that sick stranger into my house, who is now ordering me around," I exclaimed, trying to keep my voice low. Jimin frowned. 

"I heard you back there, you asked if he wanted something," Jimin said. I threw my hands up in frustration, 

"Yeah, but he could've been like 'oh yeah sure! A coffee would be great! Thanks so much!' but instead he's like 'yeah, sure, get me a coffee,' like what the heck!" I could clearly see that Jimin was trying very hard to hold in his laughter. "Rude much," I murmured as I poured out the caffeinated drink. 

I brought it out, handed it to the expressionless man and he took a cautious sip. 

Immediately he spit it out in disgust. 

I literally growled in anger. "Excuse me mister! First, you strut into my house, sit on my sofa, put your feet up on my coffee table and now you have the audacity to spit all over it!" I cried out. "This is outrageous! You are the definition of un-civil!" Kim Taehyung stood up, his eye twitching. 

"Excuse me miss! It's not my fault that my idiot of a friend thought this would be a good idea!" he said, "I didn't want to be here!" his voice was getting louder. "I never wanted to be here and I don't think I'll ever come back!!" he literally yelled the last part and I staggered backwards in surprise. 

"Fine then! LEAVE!" I  shouted, quickly regaining my composure. My blood was boiling. 

"FINE! HYUNG, I'M LEAVING!" Kim Taehyung speed-walked out the door and slammed it behind him. Jimin was standing shocked in the kitchen doorframe, half a chocolate chip cookie hanging from between his lips. 

"AGH!" I shrieked, "You clean this!" I said, handing Jimin a rag and pointing to the coffee spit on my couch. "I'm going upstairs!" I exclaimed. "I expect you can see yourself home," my voice turned rough and quiet, realizing that I was yelling at my friend. 

"I'm sorry," Jimin called out behind me as I started up the stairs. 

"Whatever," I mumbled. 

My nostrils flared in annoyance. Kim Taehyung.