1

“Starting today, you’ll be working on a project with a randomly selected partner. This project is important, since it’s not only a graded one, but it’s also for your future reference.” Aizawa looked around the class. “You will pick one hero and analyze them until there isn’t a single thing you don’t know about them, from weakness to birthplace and from hair color to the size of their suit. The more into detail you’ll be able to go, the higher your grade will be.”

Midoriya smiled softly, feeling way more at peace then when the project was originally announced. This was one thing, the one thing, he had excelled at since he was a child, and most people from class 1-a knew. Oh, they knew.

“As for partners, like I said, they will be randomly selected. They are, in fact, permanent for this project, so don’t come whining to me about your partner.” A loud mutter of anticipation could easily be heard, but Aizawa easily silenced the class again as he pointed at the board where a list of names appeared.

Shouto Todoroki-Izuku Midoriya

Their eyes crossed briefly, the smile on Midoriya’s face growing just a little bigger. He was glad, he got paired with a friend after all.

Todoroki, on the other hand, didn’t know what to feel. He loves working with Midoriya, that’s definite fact, but he also has been struggling with another fact lately.

He loves Midoriya in general.

Whether it was romantically or not, Todoroki didn’t know. He just couldn’t find a flaw about him. His stunning green eyes, that wild hair, the freckles that make him oh so adorable -as a fact, Todoroki absolutely doesn’t think Midoriya is good looking, at least that’s what he tells himself- and that way too overpowered quirk that he finally learned to control. His huge ambition and motivation were also just as amazing, but the most admirable thing about him must be how much he cares about others. Todoroki can’t help but think back to when Midoriya stood up for him against his dad, which he heard later on, and a small smile finally appears on his face.

It’ll be okay.