I - j.m

John Murphy - How You Met

  'Y/N! Get me another beer!' My drunk mother slurs from the living room

  'Y/N! Get me another beer!' My drunk mother slurs from the living room. I sigh, pushing my homework to the side of my grey bed and hopping off of it. I open my bedroom door, to pure darkness.

'Mom, it's 10 am.' I say, walking to our family couch. Bottles surround her frail body as she lays asleep. I pick up the bottles quietly, placing them into our kitchen waste bin. Ever since my father was floated, my mother has relied heavily on alcohol to get her through the day.

I kiss her warm temple softly, before grabbing my jacket hanging on the coat rack near the door. I step out into the long empty hallway of Mecha station, observing the moon rising from the window. I pull out a study sheet from out of my back pocket, reading and walking at the same time.

'Green fire equals...' I whisper to myself before I notice a figure standing in front of me.
'Do you always talk to yourself?' His sly face spews, grabbing the sheet from my hands. His light brown hair falls in front of  his crystal blue eyes.

'Hey! Give that back.' I demand.

'You want this back, doll?' He smirks, holding it above my head. I jump to reach it.

'My name is not doll.' I say, crossing my arms.

'Then what is it?' He scoffs, handing me back the paper. I fold it up tiny and hold it in my small bruised hands. 

'Y/N. What about you paper theif?' I smile, fidgeting with the paper.

'John Murphy, but all of my friends call me Murphy.' He chuckles.