Tresses

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. No part of these pages, either text or image may be used for any purpose other than personal use. Reproduction, modification, storage in a retrieval system or retransmission, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical or otherwise, for reasons other than personal use, is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.  

This is not beta'd. All mistakes - grammar, spelling, plot, characterization etc - are mine. Kindly let me know if there's anything glaring because I continuously want to improve my Writing :)

These two are so adorable. I saw a BTS/NG (behind the scenes) where Yu was playing with Long's (Zun) hair and this fic/short drabble is the result. I can't find the link, sorry -_-" Hope you have seen it though!

**********

Yun Lan looks at the awkward interactions between his team members and the Black Cloaked Envoy. How long is this going to continue? How long are they going to tip toe around each other?

Wei has just returned to SID with the Dixing criminal they have been searching for the past week.

He knows that Wei has issues when people treat him as the Black Cloaked Envoy, Wei thinks that everyone hates the Envoy. How can anyone hate the Envoy? They all respect him a lot, they may be afraid, yes but people are generally afraid of people in a higher authority, right? Why does Wei misunderstand?

The relationship between the team and Shen Wei is getting better, especially when Wei is 'Professor Shen' instead of the Envoy, especially when Professor Shen is so gentle, intelligent and calm. He does wonders to SID's atmosphere - Yun Lan is jealous, yes but this is necessary and bigger than his own ego and thoughts about himself - Shen doesn't have to say anything, just his presence is enough.

It's just weird that the team forgets the fact that Shen is the Envoy conveniently when they are in front of Wei who is in the form of Black Cloaked Envoy.

But right now, Yun Lan is curious about something else. He wants to know desperately. He is going to deal with his curiosity first. He will help his team and his Wei later.

He stalks forward and pulls the Envoy by his hand to a room, not before barking orders at his team to investigate the criminal. Wei and Lan are not needed for sometime, his team can handle a simple investigation without him for a few minutes. The Envoy walks elegantly even with his black cloak and with the way Yun Lan is pulling him, anyone else would have stumbled. Of course, not Wei, not the Envoy.

The Envoy is confused, he doesn't shake away Yun Lan's hands though.

Yun Lan pushes the Envoy into a room, closes the door and pulls all the blinds. He is careful, yes, he is because his team is full of nosy people who can't mind their own business. They are too curious for their own good, especially about Wei and Yun Lan's matters.

Even if Yun Lan is careful, they somehow know everything that happens between Yun Lan and Wei. How? Why? Don't they know the concept of 'personal space'? Yun Lan doesn't know where to start. Even his stern behavior and Shen's aloofness aren't enough to stop his team mates. They are too excited about Lan and Wei's relationship for their own good. Don't they have anything better to do?

Lan rolls his eyes, he has better things to do now, he has priorities - named Shen Wei who is standing in all his dark and majestic glory in front of Lan. Yun Lan wonders about the Envoy's blade. He shakes his head, he is getting distracted.

The Envoy is about to turn back into Wei and Lan senses it just a few seconds early. He shakes his head, "Don't change back."

Shen is confused but he doesn't. He doesn't protest, hesitate or ask Yun Lan about anything. He just stands still like a statue.