the breakup of the century

Millie didn't know how to feel about her breakup with Jacob.

It felt great to have a boyfriend. The so called first love feels were present in their short term relationship.

But she didn't exactly expect to have first breakup feels.

Somewhere inside her, she knew Jacob wasn't going to be the person she'd be walking down the aisle to. But she didn't expect their little fling to end like that either.

"I honestly don't know, Lil." Millie muttered, licking ice cream off her spoon.

"I can't really give you advice on this, you know?" Lilia Buckingham said, mushing her ice cream down. "Jaeden and I didn't really end on bad terms."

"I wish you stayed together," Millie said. "oh well. You can't force relationships."

"What was he like?" Lilia asked, reluctantly.

"Jacob?" Millie wondered. "He was...nice. He's great and he gives me flowers and chocolates and that huge teddy bear-"

"I meant his personality towards you, not his achievements on Best Boyfriend." Lilia reminded.

"Well, he's caring...kind of. Sometimes distant but he does care a lot- well, he said."

"Mills...not that I'm comparing them or anything, but...Jaeden didn't have to tell me that he cared to show that he did."

"Just because he gives you sweaters when you forget them?" Millie snapped.

"That wasn't even my point!"

"I know he doesn't seem like he's bad, Lil, but hear me out-"

"Hear you out? On what? You defending your boyfriend who allegedly asked for controversial images?"

"Those were fake!"

"Yeah," Lilia said. "and he didn't like that one post?"

"...Lilia, can we not talk about this right now?"

"Your choice." Lilia said, helping herself to the nearly melted mush of ice cream.

"The fans," Millie remembered. "they saw. I blocked Jacob and they know!"

"Bunch of FBI agents," Lilia agreed.

"I wish they'd stop invading my privacy," Millie said, sighing.

"What can you expect? You're one of America's teenage sweethearts. Your life won't get much more private than this."

Millie groaned.

______________________

"I cannot wait for you to meet them," Millie said as she and Lilia scrambled into the car. Paige started the engine and they sang along to Disney classics.

When they arrived on the set of Stranger Things, Sadie, Noah, and Gaten rushed to meet them.

"You're all in costume already? I'm sorry for the delay. Lilia, come out!" Millie said.

"So you're Lilia!" Noah said. He held out his hand, which Lilia shyly shook.

"Looking great!" Gaten said.

"Sadie, this is Lilia; Lilia, this is Sadie!" Millie said.

Sadie and Lilia got along quickly.

"Where's Finn and Caleb?" Millie asked, walking towards her trailer. Sadie and Lilia were chatting behind her.

"At Nat and Charlie's trailer," Gaten said. "or outside. I think they're checking out Caleb's new shoes."

"New shoes?"

"Yeah, galaxy themed ones. They're seriously cool," Noah said.

They all went back to their trailers, and Millie dragged Lilia and Paige along to hers- and Finn's- trailer.

"Mike and El?" Lilia said, reading the writing on the outside of the trailer. "I didn't know you and Finn shared a trailer."

"Yeah, well, they're supposed to be a couple in the show," Paige said.

"Do you guys have trailers onset too?" Millie asked. She meant the show Dirt, where Lilia starred as Autumn.

"Kind of," Lilia said. "we mostly do hair and makeup long before filming."

"What is it like, filming Dirt?" Millie asked as they all sat on the available chairs.

"It's fun," Lilia said. "there's basically motorcycle here, motorcycle there...and I get to be this photographer for the motorcross competition."

"Sounds like a lot of fun," Millie said.

"What's it like to film Stranger Things?" Lilia asked, looking around.

"Challenging. Fun. Awesome." Millie replied, combing her hair down. "Things are mostly practical, so we don't really have to worry much about green screens and stuff."

Later that day, Lilia watched as Millie had her hair and makeup done. Afterwards, she changed into her costume.

"Spoiler," Lilia said, giggling.

"Unfortunately for you," Millie said, flashing a peace sign along with a grin.

She sat down and picked up her phone.

Her Instagram was blowing up.

"Should I let them know?" she asked the two ladies, sighing.

Paige shrugged. "Really, Mills, it's your choice."

"Maybe soon," Millie decided.