Chapter One ~ Back from the job

Levy's POV

______________________________________________________________

I looked over at Gajeel who had his hands in his pockets and started whistling. I slightly smiled then looked at Lily who was walking along side him, kicking some rocks. We had just finished a job and we were walking through the woods, on our way home.

"Gajeel..?" I say looking up at the tall dragon slayer. He looked down at me with a bored expression on his face, like always.

"What's up shrimp?" He asks.

"Can we stop at a town before we get back? I promised Lu-Chan I would get her this book and I know there's one in the town not far from here." I smiled warmly at him hoping he'd say yes. I knew he just wanted to go home and that he was tired but I did promise Lucy I'd get her this book she's been wanting.

"Hmm..." Gajeel looks forward and shrugs slightly "Sure but let's not take too long.. there's supposed to be a storm soon and I don't wanna be caught stuck in it." I nod happily and smile.

"It shouldn't take long!" I smiled and stared at the ground while we walked. It had become silent. Usually me and Gajeel talk about almost anything but lately he seemed distant. I looked up at him again and he turned and looked at me.

"Shrimp, Something wrong?" He asked, a slightly confused look had appeared on his face. I shook my head.

"Um.. can we sit for a bit? My feet are tired.." I say looking down at my feet. I didn't know what to say so I just went with that. Not that I was lying my feet did kinda hurt. Gajeel stood in front of me, making me stop in my tracks. He slung me over his shoulder and j started to squirm.

"GAJEEL!!! LET ME GO!!!" I yell trying to break free. It was no use, he was too strong for me to break free.

"I thought you said your feet hurt?" He said in slight confusion.

"Yeah but that doesn't give you permission yo just pick me up!!" I say kicking my feet a bit.

"Gajeel.. Let's take a break for a bit, I don't think Levy like getting picked up." Lily said with his arms crossed. Gajeel set me down and I brushed my shirt. I walked to a nearby rock and sat down. Gajeel kneels down in front of Lily.

"Gehe. Lily let's practice!" Gajeel smirked and stood up. Lily smiled and changed into his fighting form. He drew his sword and Gajeel molded his arm into an iron sword.

______________________________________________________________