Chapter 1

Red's POV

"Red...... Red? Hey, Red?" A small voice echoes into my ears. "Five more minutes....", I think to myself, and I turn in my sleep.

"RED! WAKE UP!" The voice commands. Startled, I fall and hear a thunk and shoot my eyes open. I landed head-first on the floor, and see that I had fallen off my bed. A face looks over at me, it takes me a few moments to adjust my eyes at the figure over me. "C-Candy?" I sit up and low and behold, my little sister, Candy is glaring above me, with her arms crossed. "You over slept again, Red!" I blink twice and tilt my head. "Wh- what? What day is it today?" I ask. I stand up and walk to my calendar beside the door. It was Tuesday, the day when my team and I train in Ranked Battles. I look at my alarm clock, it was 8:15, I was supposed to be meeting them at The Square 15 minutes ago! "C-Carp! CANDY! Why didn't you wake me up earlier??" I yell at my sister, she just glares and retorts, "I tried to wake you up, but you wouldn't budge if I dragged you out of bed, and kept pushing me in your sleep!"

Realizing the situation, I stutter a little bit before hurrying to get ready. "Oh no, we have to hurry there!!" I start to panic, changing into my gear. "Skull Bandanna? Check. Birded Corduroy Jacket? Check. Red Power Stripes? Check. Gold Dynamo Roller? Check." I rush to the door, "Okay, let's go.", "CANDY! We have to go!" I call out, ready to start booking it out to go downstairs from the apartment. I get no response. "Candy?" I turn and look out the window to see her darting out to the street. "Son of a squid-!!!" I swore to myself and race down the stairs. "CANDY!!" I chase after her all the way to the train station to Inkopolis Square.

____

???'s POV

"They should've been here by now," a voice mutters behind my shoulder. I look at my watch and sigh, "Perhaps there was an incident, it doesn't normally take those two this long." It was 8:28 AM at Inkopolis Square, the weather showed no sign of any treacherous rain, it was almost perfect outside, nice and breezy, not too hot or cold. The worrywart behind me is Pip, a small inkling boy with purple-pink tentacles wrapped in a man bun. He says he'll get a haircut soon, but also says that 'he can't decide'. He seems small, but is actually very powerful, I have no idea where that strength comes from. I look back at the time, 8:30. Frustrated, I grunt out of annoyance. "If I have to wait one more minute for those two squidiots, I'm leaving."

Speak of the devilfish, a red tentacled inkling boy and a smaller pink-blue tentacled inkling girl bump into Pip and I at full speed. "SOOOORRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY!!!!!" They both scream, unable to slow down their feet, and we all crash into a a metal table. "Hey!" one of the inklings sitting at the table scold us, "Watch where you're going!" the other says. I look up, groaning from the pain. The knucklehead with the red tentacles is Red, great naming, huh? The little girl is Red's little sister, Candy. "Sorry, you can blame these two," I say, pointing at Red and Candy. "Tar!!" Red yells at me. "Don't blame me for having no control over my feet!" He defends himself. I roll my eyes in annoyance. My parents named me Tar because of my poison ink. Rare disease that my purple ink has a pouch of poison used to spray a painful, tar-like ink. I hate my name, but I get used to it.

"C-can we start training now?" Pip whispers, straightening up the table and chairs, and apologizing to the two inklings. Picking up his Tri-Slosher and handing me my Bloblobber, we all head towards the Tower.