The Time Begins To Tick

As her phone vibrated, she picked it up to see a message from her boyfriend as she sighed.

Taehyung : Can we talk? Let's meet at the restaurant where we had our first date.

"Maybe he can explain why he's been acting so different lately."

She told herself before putting down the phone and getting ready to meet him.

The couple weren't having the best relationship recently, small things would cause stupid arguments between the two, and they were breaking apart bit by bit. Moreover, Taehyung had a real reason to call her over but it definitely was not a good one.

Nayeon searched her closet and found her old outfit from their first date, making her smile slightly. She curled her hair and finally set out to meet Taehyung. As she arrived, she saw through the glass of the restaurant that Taehyung kept fiddling with his fingers.

A gush of bad feelings took over her and she bit down on her lip,

"Is he okay?"

She approached his table and sat down, making him look up with an anxious face. Nayeon had definitely sensed his weird behaviour and needed to find out what was going on.

"Why did you call me?"

Nayeon asked in a confused tone and Taehyung gulped.

"I.."

Taehyung started off, but his own mouth was refusing to say all these harsh words to Nayeon.

"I think we should break up.."

He told her, making Nayeon widen her eyes and stand up.

Her heart dropped and she felt dizzy all of a sudden.

Why did he decide to break her now? When she felt the most vulnerable?

"W..what?"

She stuttered and Taehyung tried his best not to break down in front of her and nodded.

"It's best if we break up."

The more Taehyung spoke, the more Nayeon was mentally breaking down and feeling absolutely betrayed.

"Why? Just give me one good reason why!"

She yelled at him, not accepting his suggestion and he tried hard not to look into her eyes.

"Is it another girl?"

As soon as she said that, Taehyung also stood up out of shock.