It's Emergency Medicine, It's what we do.

Emergency Medicine is what I was born to do. And the path I follow to be just like my role models, my parents are who I want to please. Yep, without no doubt, I will be shining bright like a star just like my parents did. Man, I miss my parents; they were the ones that always taught me what's right. But tragically, my parents were killed in a massive shooting and passed away on the scene. The feeling in my stomach when I heard the news; was like a knife ripping me apart with sadness and shame that I never got to see them before I left to go back to my dorm. And the worst part about this tragedy; is that I was in college when I heard about this absolute heartbreaking, tearful moment. It was one of the most knife stabbing days of my life in my college career. But I wasn't gonna let that keep me down, I was going to keep striving until the rewards come flying out of mid-air. And if my parents were still alive; they would absolutely want me to stay positive and keep fighting the battle until victory strikes. But even though they are no longer alive; I am still going to make them proud no matter what it takes. But as an Emergency Physician, we see it all, we see the tragedy that flies through our double doors. We also see miracles that happen right in front of our eyes, and miracles like that are one of the best feelings ever when you know you saved a patient's life and they no longer have to be in the hospital. That's one of the best feelings an Emergency Physician can ask for. But having this job is not as easy as people would think it is. Having this job is a reward to receive from all the hard work you dedicated to, and also having this job, you have to prepare for what's coming through the double doors. Because in Emergency Medicine, you never know what's going to come through the door next. You could probably have about fifteen more patients arriving from some kind of massive physical altercation that ends up leaving severe stab wounds that end up puncturing the important organ in our body. Yep, that's how prepared we have to be for ambulance arrivals. But the hardest part of this job is when we lose the most important battle of all time, which is to save a patients life which ends up ending in a blink of an eye. But the medical life doesn't get any easier than it sounds, because the story I'm about to tell you about the time of the tragic experience I had, gets very rough to witness. But as every Emergency Physician says; it's all about the medical care to give to the patients that are the first priority. But the tragic experience I had recently, was very tragic as if a knife just got jabbed into my chest piercing my heart and triggering an aorta dissection. That's how tragic it was. The death of this patient happened in a blink of an eye from getting rushed into our trauma room, to thinking this patient was going to make it, to suddenly dying right then and there during emergency surgery to treat the injuries. When you lose a patient, the saying "it's Emergency Medicine, it's what we do." Just makes me feel like a terrible medical doctor and makes me just tempted to quit my job I love best thinking I've let the family of the loved ones down and ended up losing their child, husband, wife, or some other family member. But as my parents always told me " never give up and even though you lose the battle, just keep fighting the battle to make sure nobody loses their life again." That quote had always stuck with me; it always has made me feel better about my job and always made me push harder. And when I end up winning the battle to save a patients life and also hear a "thank you" from them; is just one of the best feelings ever and besides; it's Emergency Medicine; it's what we do to sure a patient is well again. And when a patient is well again and seeing them in good help gives me the feeling that I've done my job; and it's what I do best. And I'm never gonna stop until a patient is well again. Because no medical doctor including me, isn't gonna give up without a fight until victory is ours.