Obsidian

KABLAM.

Lasers. Rubble. Screaming. Chaos.

The intensity of all the screams, blasts, and explosions were too much. All the sounds were mixing together and were becoming one.

My vision was hazy - blurs of running citizens, laser blasts shooting everywhere, and glimpses of darkness were forming.

My breathing was heavy as if I inhaled sulfur. My mind was racing but my body did not want to respond. My consciousness was starting to weaken but before I could completely give myself to the darkness, a pair of black leather cowboy boots appeared before me.

He's back.

I recognized those boots anywhere. It had a peculiar design of a Stryloq creature about to swallow an eerie orb-like figure and circling around it. The Stryloq's face was filled with anger and hunger when it stared at the orb, ready to consume its prey.

I only know one varmint that would own that. He was the Stryloq and I was the orb.

My worst nemesis.

"You will pay for this, Zyorq Wyar. You have terrorized the galaxy of Andromeda enough." I looked up at his dark purple scaly skin filled with scars as I weakly mumbled those words. I was struggling to get up on my feet. My head was pounding, I was a coughing feat, and my body felt like I was Atlas - the titan - carrying the world on my shoulders. I couldn't even stand.

I could not fight with these conditions.

Zyorq scoffed and kicked some dirt on my face. "We meet yet again, Sheriff West." His voice was oozing of danger and greed. Everytime I hear his rustic voice, it always reminded me of a hollow robotic voice but at the same time made my hairs stand at the back of my neck. A cold chill passed through my body. "We already know who will be losing this wild guqos chase, West."

He bent down and grabbed my neck with his web-like hands, slowly choking me. He stared at me with his fully obsidian colored eyes and said, "We've been at this for decades and travelled lightyears because of each other. Neither of us are getting any younger. We might as well end this now."

Zyorq gave more strength to his hands and it was starting to block my air passage because of it. "I could shoot you," he started. "But eliminating you with my bare hands seemed more appropriate." I could already see black dots in my line of vision as I struggled to breathe.

"Y-you will p-pay for this..." I weakly stuttered as I tried to breathe. I was attempting to push his hands away from me but I was powerless against his strength.   

Flashbacks with this monster were flashing before my eyes. Our first battle at Qin'dra, my first capture of Zyorq in Planet Sorg, his first capture of me in Planet Nova, our last stand in the mountains of Plura, and many more.

We had too much painful and not-to-mention bloody memories that we shared. He was a tyrant. Zyorq Wyar needed to be stopped.

I started to slowly reach the back part of my utility belt; every movement felt like needles were stabbing me. I was using the last bits of my strength and I finally felt the small circular device and took it out secretly.

"This is not the end," I slowly whispered to Zyorq and he started to laugh. I quickly stuck the gadget on his jacket with Zyorq's laugh still in the background. With my last breath, I finally succumbed to the darkness.

✦✦✦

"He's breathing!" A voice said in excitement. "Sheriff West, can you hear me?"