Telling All - Part 1

"Ma, Por," Kongpop one armed hugged his Mother and grinned at his father.

He finished his intern the week earlier and he needed to get his transcript from Ocean, on his way he phoned his parents to say he would pop in after. He had hoped today he would be able to tell him parents what he was really up to the past year.

"Your wasting away Kongpop," His mother tapped at his cheek, "Let's go eat" she let him go and walked through to the kitchen.

"Are you all set for graduating?" Mr Suthiluck asked guiding his son down the hall towards the dining hall.

Kongpop looked down at the floor and smile, they reached the table and they both sat down, "Yeah, I have one more exam to take."

"So that means your all set!" he beamed, patting his son on the back.

Kongpop smiled, "Yeah. I've filled out some applications for Grad school."

"How many have you applied to?"

"Two, at the moment," Kongpop replied, "But I'm thinking of getting an online degree so I can work at the same time."

His Pa smiled, loving his son for being so business ready but thinking about further education. "You have thought this through."

Kongpop nodded. "Yeah I really want to be able to work while studying as it would give me more experience in certain area while I learn them." From there the talk of business and engineering took place, the new developments in the industry and the obvious impact that is going to affect the product making especially with their own business.

"Sit down, No more of this talk at the table." His Ma ushered them to turn themselves to the plates covering the table, "So let's switch to something personal."

His Pa raised an eyebrow, "So, we never see you that often. Is there a special friend?"

Kongpop smiled awkwardly, he looked over at his Ma and back, "Could you pass the rice."

"There is?" She smiled gleefully passing over what he asked.

Kongpop sighed, placing some rice on his plate with his main. He smiled as he handed it back to his Ma. "I was hoping you wouldn't bring it up. Especially first thing." Taking a deep breath, he looked up from his plate. "I'm moving in with them. That way I will not be too far from work."

Ma smiled, getting excited for her only son. "We'll talk after dinner!" she smiled.

Kongpop sighed in relief. He glanced over at his Pa as he shovelled some food onto his spoon.

His Pa gave him a sly smile and shook his head. "On another note. I know we said we wouldn't talk about any business but I want to know if you're going to come to work for the company or not?" He asked.

Mother rolled her eyes as she took a sip of water, "He needs to wait for the responses back first before he can decide." She tutted at her husband and smiled over at Kongpop, "He's fine where he is at the moment."

Mr. Suthiluck ate his own meal, "Which subject you want to study?"

Kongpop swallowed what he had in his mouth. "Business Studies which a minor engineering to continue with the subject matter from before."

"There is an Internship that we are introducing for one person from each department to study abroad just to see how other Business' work and if there is something that can be implemented here then we can create it to suit our objectives." Mr. Suthiluck explained, "I want you to be able to explore other cultures in regards to Business modules."

Kongpop looked down at his plate and nodded. "Yeah, that sounds good." His Ma looked over at him with a raised eyebrow; Kongpop smiled back and ate some carrot.