Sundown Wind True

The bright embers of a roaring fire glisten across the lone desert plains. Cool winds keep the flames strong, producing a home-style feeling. The Constellations practically map themselves out in the clear sky, only adulterated by the smoke from the inferno nearby.

Potentially described as a form of mirage, the lush conflagration can be mistaken for a wonder. The smell alone distinct enough to bring lost memories back to the mind. Could something so sublime do anything more than awaken someone's inner child?

Atop the white mount of ember, the horizon looms onward, a never-ending vastness to be explored.

"An endless world with infinite paths, out before you and me. Be a sin not to take advantage of it."

Rumbling from the mouth of an older man he slumps down like an ape to match eye level and simpers to the azure before him. His ginger hair and scruffy facial details soak up the illuminating blaze, contrasting more with his galaxy colored eyes, always holding something new to discover.

"That mindset is the only reason we are together in the first place."

A higher strung voice answers back. Even though it was stated in 'a matter of fact' way the raw essence in those words comes off clear. A voice of not only reason but truth.

Leaning on a limestone, his pale complexion stands out, even behind the trilby styled hat. The physical structure of a teen matches well with the longness of his limbs and face. The dim lighting allows his shadow free roam of the land, ready to jump out and take passerbys into the abyss.

"How much longer do we walk the same path before ending up alone?"

A third voice enters the fray, a feminine voice indicative of no girl, but a perfectly adept woman.

A high ponytail just grabs the brunette's short hair, it's almond shade conforming with her skin tone, pervading that to a form of rustic vermilion hue by the scene around them.

Her question reaches up into my ears from below.

A few more seconds looking to the engulfing radiance before me, I comb my chestnut hair to the side and slide down the hill.

"Not for me to say."

"You can say whatever you want."

A final voice corrects me. Scintillating with such a passion that the elemental nature show behind us is but a campfire.

"If you have something to say let it be known!"

A powerful, explosive presence ignites a heat inside each of us. A scorching, charring combustion of desire fills our souls.

"That feeling, that look, I want to see it more, I want you to be able to give it to me, to give it to everyone around you but most importantly, I want you to be able to give it to yourself."

Releasing his cloak, his marigold hair lashes out, dancing in the air. His long, mahogany shaded pants blend in with the countless dark brown straps that cover his lower half. His sunbaked skin only noticeable under his sun themed vest with gold trim. A sleek, fine trimmed goatee and amber eyes give the order we've been waiting for,

"The fires settled. Let's move."

Scene 2

Wailing, howling, whimpering, begging. All sorts of cries and pleads pass our ears from ages six to sixty-six, the screams never stop.

With another boom of a firearm, one less voice sobs in the village.

A thundering voice tears through the night just before another building collapses.