Life of an EDM artist ch. 2: reverse memories

I walked through the opening to the kitchen and all i see is decorations. theres a huge banner hanging on the wall. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” everyone is yelling at me. there, in the kitch and living room, stands Joel, Sonny, and Ellie. i widen my eyes and drop my jaw before I say anything. “I said NO birthday party!” I scratch my head and walk forward. “but obviously you didnt listen.” I roll my eyes and walk towards the huge cake and all the 500 presents… thats what it seems like. I ve never been one for birthdays and presents and all that shit. I just had too many of them when i was a child, and up to my 16th birthday, i never really had a good party.

Sonny walks into the other room to grab something and Ellie Follows him. great.. i'm stuck in a room with Joel. I grab a piece of the cake and eat it. “I saw that!” Joel lifts an eyebrow and smiles. “yeah, I know but its my birthday, remember?” i place the plate down and walk oer to him. “Long time no see” hes staring at me, not expecting anything. and all i can remember is that night and ulta heat. I hug him.

Joel stands there in silence and then he wraps his arms back around me. he looks down at me while i shove my face into his shoulder and start crying. “hey, hey, your okay” he lets go and wipes my tears. “ I know its been forever, and you saved me, but why did you let me go.” immediately after his words come out, I hear His song with Kaskade “I remember” playing around in my head. I speak through music, so while its playing around in my head, I start to speak. “I remember everything” I take a step back and leans against the counter. I'm getting light headed, and i start to have flashbacks, but i knock them out of my mind. he catches in on the song thing i was doing. he takes a step forwards and grabs my hands. “You dont have to give up to let go” he smiles as tears pour down my face and i kneel down. “ I dont want you to leave me hanging like that again, all right” he says.  I look up and wipe my tears, he gives me a hand to help up and pulls me forward and kisses me.  “ I love you Hailey, I fell In love with this girl, that SAVED me, thats been like a sister to me all these years, and then she just.. poofs away.” “Joel I-” he cuts me off. “dont leave this time, please” he wiped the rest of my tears as sonny and Ellie walk back in. “WE HAVE MORE PRESENTS FOR YOU!” I widen my eyes again and turn around but Joel catches me and pulls me toward the living room. “this is your day, and everyone spent money on you, sit your ass down” hes laughing and i start to giggle a bit, but then Ellie plops literally 400 more presents around me. I roll my eyes and go to grab one as Joel places a glass of shimering liquid infront of me. I smell it and immediatly look up at him! “CAKE VODKA!” he laughs and widens his eyes, and nods his head as if hes almost taunting me, “I CAN BELIEVE YOU BROUGHT THIS TO ME YOU CRAZY BASTARD” I start to laugh and I take a huge swig of it. “ well, its your big day, so what else would I bring for you” he looks at the presents. “well, its one of the things I brought for you” I start to open th epresents while Sonny and Ellie and joking around with something to do about the look on my face, but I dont care. “How am I supposed to fit all this shit in my car?!?” Sonny shrugs his shoulders and ellie looks at him. “Ill take some of it in my car and follow you to the house” I look at joel. “Your… Purrari?” “he rolls his eyes and laughs, followed by taking off his hat and scratching his head “what other car do i drive around?”

I spent like 3 hours opening all the presents and it almost 11:00 pm. me and Joel start packing all the presents into the car and say goodbye to sonny and Ellie. after the party was over, I jumped in my car and sped off towards my house. I plugged my phone into the speakers of the car so that I could blast the music, but then the phone rang, and instead of blasting music, it blasted my convo. “Hey Hailey, lets not take the route through downtown hollywood, its gonna be real busy”  I look at my clock and finally make another decision. “lets just get on the old highway, that'll take us straight to my house.”  joel breaths heavily “alrighty show my the way” I laugh and hang up, and blast Moar Ghosts n stuff just to piss him off, cause I know he has his windows down. we speed through the foothills and finally come up on my street “tower road beverly hills” I pulled into my long driveway , and push a button opening my gates. i drive though the gates and let Joel get through the gates before they close. we both stop out cars and get out.

I start to grab all the presents in my car and take them inside, and joel follows me. “where do you want these?”  “In my room” he looks around. “and wheres that? this house is so fucking big”  I look around “its not that big, and my room is upstairs, to the left, tight before my glass lookout” he shakes his head and turns around walking to the stairs “yeah… not big” he says sarcastically.

It took us a good 15 minutes to get all my shit unpacked from the car and put it away, I invited him in and we hung out for a bit. “hey” he looks right at me “ I have an In home theater, and I just got the transformers 4 movie and-” now I cut him off. “hell yeah! lets go!” I jump up and run out to my car and lock the house.” where do you think your going?” he takes my wrist and pulls me away from my car, “i'm driving”  I smile and walk to his car, and get in the passenger seat. he jumps in the purrari and revs it up. we drive for about half our untill we get to his house.

“will you, go out with me” I stare at him in awe. “seriously?” he laughs and tells me to go inside with him already. i get out and go up to the front door, and he unlocks it, I barley even take a step in, and he pulls me toward him and kisses me. Its not just any kiss, he kisses me deep, i can taste the cigarette taste in his mouth, which surprisingly turns me on even more.