one

*flashback*

"johnny, i can't do this anymore! i can't keep fighting! i don't want to keep doing this." i yelled, tears forming in my eyes.

"then maybe we should break up!" he yelled back at me.

the room became dark. i grabbed onto to counter to keep me from falling.

"maybe we should."

and just like that, he was gone. johnny orlando wasn't mine anymore.

*end of flashback*

i set down the picture of lauren, johnny, and i that i had on my dresser. i look up and see lauren standing in my doorway, staring at me.

"i knew you missed him, kenz." she said, softly.

the words made me so angry. i hate johnny vincent orlando. just his name makes me want to punch a wall.

"i do not miss him, lauren. i can't even explain my hatred for your brother."

i realized that my fist was clenched. my nails were digging into my palm. i unclenched my fists.

"well you can explain it to him."

a tall, brown haired boy walks up next to lauren. johnny orlando. this can't be happening. i close my eyes, hoping that im just having a bad dream.

"you're not dreaming, sweet cheeks." he says.

his deep voice came as a surprise. he has definitely changed a lot.

"do not call me sweet cheeks. and do not talk to me." i yelled back at him.

i walked their way, loudly stomping. i grabbed laurens arm and pulled her into the kitchen. i felt johnnys eyes on my body.

"why is he here? who allowed him into our house?" i growled at her.

"i did. please, kenz. he came to orlando just to see me. i wasn't going to let him stay at a hotel."

"did you forget this is my house too? i will not be staying here as long as he is."

johnny walked into the kitchen. i turned around to face him, my face bright red. not from embarrassment, from anger. i walked past johnny, our shoulders brushing. for some reason, that sent tingles down my spine.

i locked my self in my room. pulling out a suitcase, i began packing. i was not kidding when i said i wouldn't stay here if he was. i heard a loud knock on my door.

i ignored it.

another knock.

i ignored it.

suddenly, my lock twisted and the door opened. lauren stood there, leaning against the door frame, holding a bobby pin in her hand. she saw my suitcase and frowned.

"kenz.."

"he can stay here as long as he wants, i don't live here anymore." i said, crossing my arms.

"just give him a chance. you dated 8 years ago. he's changed, you know."

i rolled my eyes. there no way in hell i could live with him. i can't even look at his face. it hurts. it brings back the memories.

suddenly, the boy walked into my room. yes, i say "the boy". im not saying his name.

"kenz, if you want, i'll leave. it's nor big deal."

"yes, that is what i want. and my name is mackenzie."

his lips formed a slight frown. he turned around, and walked out the door, revealing a dissapointed lauren. she had her arms crossed, and she shook her head at me.

"i thought we were friends, kenzie."

"a real friend wouldn't invite my ex boyfriend to live with me."

"well, for now, you're living alone. im going to stay with johnny in the hotel."

before i could say anything, she turned around and walked away, leaving me staring at the door.

what have i done?

i may have just ruined my friendship with the person who means most to me. and why? because i was so selfish to not let her brother stay with us. i walked towards my door. i put one hand on the handle, but didn't open it.

instead, i put my back against the door. i slid down, until i was sitting. i let one tear drop slide down my cheek. then two. then, i was sobbing.

a knock on my door made my back shake. i quickly got up and wiped my tears away. i opened the door.

"i just wanted to say bye. i'll see you soon." lauren said.

she then left, with just that sentence. without a hug. without a full goodbye. just that.

maybe i was being a little over dramatic. maybe i should just suck it up. so many maybes.

i walked to my window and watched lauren and johnny drive away, each in their own cars (johnny rented a car).

i don't know why seeing lauren leave was so hard, i knew she was going to come back. but what if she didn't? what if after this, she never forgives me. i realized i needed to apologize.

i grabbed my phone. i scrolled through my contacts and stopped at laurens name. i couldn't get myself to press the call button. i closed my phone and fell back on my bed. i let out a sigh.

my phone began rining. lauren was calling me. what could she have to say to me?

"kenz." she said in a low, serious tone. almost as if she was crying.

"laur, is everything okay?"

"no, it's johnny." she told me in between sobs. "please, come quick."

i got in my car as quickly as i could. i drove off. i had a terrible feeling in my stomach.

this was all my fault.

authors note

933 words

first chapter :)

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW. DON'T BE A GHOST READER.