The Summer Tree

On their 2nd anniversary, Jinyoung died. However,

Jackson FORGOT everything.

Jackson is always finding things in his life that trace back to Jinyoung, the guy, he cannot remember.

✩✧✩✧✩

"Oh well, since I don't have any appointments today, how about another trip to Summer Tree?" he asked himself. Then, he got up from his cozy single bed and grabbed his camera which was gifted for his 26th birthday, which was a week ago.

"Feeling so good with you, baby" he said softly, holding his latest model tightly in his arms. He walked casually down the streets, with people rushing past him. Going through a dusty cloud of exhaust gas, he arrived to his favorite hang-out point which he named it Summer Tree.

As usual, Jackson walked around the tree to find the right angle for the perfect photo to put in his 'Perfection Collection'. As he walked, he walked past a man, an indescribable shock gave him goosebumps, Jackson felt something seemingly familiar about him.

"Luckily there's no appointments today...." he thought to himself.

Jackson deemed him as 'The Guy'. Jackson decided to follow 'The Guy', as which appears to be more charming under the scraps of the warm summer sun.

As 'The Guy' started to turn around and leave, Jackson followed his steps. They walked along the streets. Eventually, they came across a pet shop with cute little pets playing around in the little glass cages. 'The Guy' stopped in place and his eyes gravitated to the cages, eyes shining at the sight of the adorable little puppies. Jackson stopped in place with a safe distance and started to take pictures of 'The Guy' unintentionally.

"Oh my god! Jackson look at these kittens, they're so cute!" Jinyoung said to Jackson enthusiastically,

"Shall we buy one home?" Jackson rolled his eyes and stroked jinyoung's hair.

Softly said, "Having you is just the same..."

Jinyoung pulled a sad face and he grabbed Jackson's hand, dragging him to look at all the other cute kittens in the shop, a wide grin adorned Jinyoung's face the whole time.

"Hey! Hey! Are you okay? You seemed to be lost."

'The Guy' waved his hands in front of Jackson. Jackson was shocked from his sudden flashback and cocked his head on one side.

"Oh... I am fine." Jackson said, followed up by, "Who is that person I saw. I know him for sure, I just can't remember from where..."

"What are you talking about? C'mon! Let's have a drink together, I think you just need to take a break" 'The Guy' said happily, with a wide grin on his face.

Jackson's heart stuttered, but he doesn't have time to go out, he needs to gather his thoughts . He kindly rejected 'The Guy's' invitation and went home a few moments later.

Jackson laid back on the cozy bed with a colorful sunset filling in the background, deep in his thoughts.

"Who is the man I saw in my memory and why is the guy so similar to him...?"

Questions kept filling his head. He sat up in frustration, still clueless. Meanwhile, he scrolled through the photos he took today.

"Ummm... G-Great to see... see you a-again!!" said Jackson, nervously. Jinyoung, sensing Jackson's nervousness, took his hand in his, Jinyoung covered his mouth and gave the most charming eyesmile, it instantly making Jackson brightened up.

They ran around the Summer Tree happily, Jackson chasing after Jinyoung, trying to force his love onto him. Jackson eventually caught up and tackled Jinyoung to the ground. They laid there for awhile, fingers entwined.