𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO | THE WALKING DEAD

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

RILEY WANDERED INSIDE THE GRILL TO MEET CAROLINE, WHO WAS WATCHING OVER ELENA. Since the doppelgänger had turned her humanity on, all she could talk about was how desperately she wanted to make Katherine Pierce suffer for what she put them all through. Riley understood it, and a part of her wanted that, too, but she knew better than to waste a moment of her life on someone like Katherine.

Caroline raised an eyebrow at the sound of the gushing wind roaring from outside the bar. Two more people entered the Grill, but it almost looked as if they were blown inside by the wind. "Is it supposed to rain tonight?"

"Do I look like a meteorologist?" Rebekah sarcastically quipped back, with her eyes fixed on Elena.

"Something tells me that storm isn't natural." Riley's worried voice trailed off, her eyes were fixed to the window just ahead of her but her thoughts were immediately interrupted by Elena slamming darts into the dart board. "Jesus. She's literally gonna break that damn board if she carries on like this."

"Someone needs to do something before she explodes."

"I got this." Rebekah confidently nodded as jumped down from her stool at the bar, grabbed a bottle and two shots glasses before she headed over to the Gilbert girl.

"Do you really think she's got this?" Riley raised an eyebrow as she watched the two vampires ahead of her. "Just because Elena was her friend when she was on her no-humanity bender, doesn't mean Elena will wanna be her friend now. I mean, Rebekah's the reason she's dead."

Caroline gripped hold of Riley's hand and impatiently dragged her toward Rebekah and Elena. "What about us? Are we still your friends? All those things you said when your humanity was off, is that how you really feel?"

"Caroline, I don't really feel like going down memory lane." Elena glared at the two girls who had interrupted her conversation with Rebekah about how she was no longer interested in being friends with the Original vampire. The doppelgänger simply rolled her eyes and twirled back around to the dart board.

"Well, what about when you left me for dead on that rooftop? Or, when you called Caroline a repulsive, blood-sucking control freak monster? Or, how about that time you tried to kill Bon—." Riley tilted her head to look at Elena's who's face began to soften.

"—If the two of you are waiting for an apology, you're not gonna get one. I can't let myself feel bad, because if I feel bad, then I feel everything and, we've all seen how well I handle that." Elena breathed deeply and threw another dart at the board, but as soon as it hit the wall, the lights went out.

"Okay, that wasn't weird at all." Riley's voice called out in the darkness as she, Rebekah, Caroline and Matt all headed outside. As they walked out, they saw the entire town had been plunged into darkness as a, clearly unnatural, storm raged on around them. "What the hell."

"The power's completely out." Rebekah concluded as they looked around, noticing no sign of power anywhere in the small town.

"I'll call my mom, maybe she knows that's going on." Caroline called out while she pulled her phone from her back pocket and headed back inside the Grill.

"Something's going on. This isn't right." The witch headed off into the dark streets of Mystic Falls with her phone pressed against her ear. "Damon. Something's happening and I feel like you two are at the the epicentre of it all. Where are you?"