Chapter One: Never Know

I was with my best friend Tiffany on our last day in New York for a while. We were going to college in LA. We wanted to go somewhere where nobody knew our names, but we also wanted to pursue our dreams. New York had been rough on the both of us and we were finally going to get away from it all. 

                          Our parents had planned a going away party for the two of us, and it made us happy to be with the people who loved us most for our last day here. Our flight was early tomorrow morning, and we couldn't wait to get on the plane. Tiffany lived around the corner from me, so after the party, she went home, telling me she'll meet me on the corner in the morning. I could barely sleep that night, I was so hype. Eventually though, I was able to fall asleep. 

                     I woke up early the next morning, excitement boiling through my blood. I got ready, throwing up comfy leggings and sweatshirt, put my hair is a messy bun and did a little bit of mascara. I met Tiffany on the corner after I got my stuff together and my dad drove us to the airport. We said our final goodbyes and got on the plane. I smiled at her. "You ready Tiff?" I said, feeling my heart racing. "You already know." She said as we entered the plane. I thankfully had a seat next to her, and after a while I fell asleep. 

                 I open my eyes to Tiffany shaking me, getting me to wake up. "We're here." She said. "In Los Angeles." Her eyes glowed. We get off the plane, going to get our bags when two guys bumped into us, causing them to drop their luggage. "Oh, sorry." The curly-haired boy said. I kneeled down to get his bag and gave it to him, making eye contact. "Wow-" He said and I smiled. He was so cute. "What?" I rubbed my arm. "Oh nothing." He said, his face turning a bright shade of pink. The boy that Tiffany was talking to had bright blue eyes and brown hair that pointed up. They offered to help us with our luggage and show us how to get our apartment, since they had just gotten off of their flight as well. We agreed to this. 

              We walked out of the airport. "So what's your name?" He asked me, his brown puppy dog eyes staring directly into mine before fluttering away. "I'm Jenna." I said, smiling. "Jack." I saw him go to take my hand then remembering he was helping us with luggage, he put his hand back to his sides. I looked over at Tiffany, who looked back at me, telling me with her eyes that she thought Daniel was cute. Daniel and Jack got us an Uber, and we were on our way to our new apartment. 

          When we arrived, they helped us unpack and get everything slightly organized and then invited us to their house. We agreed, and walked since it was close to where we now lived. 

           "Wow this is a nice place." Tiffany said. Jack nodded. "Now, before we go inside, I want to warn you that we live with three other idiots. Tall one is Jonah, fake blonde is Corbyn and shortest is Zach." Daniel said. I raised my eyebrows and we walked in. "Jack! Daniel! You're back!" A boy ran down the stairs and stopped dead in his tracks. Looked pretty short. I looked up at Jack. "Zach?" I asked. He nodded. "Who are these girls?" He asked, looking at Daniel, then Jack and back at Daniel. "Zach, this is Jenna, and this is Tiffany." Jack spoke up. Zach raised his eyebrow, studying us. "Hmmm, I approve. Come in." Zach took both our hands leading us to the couch. We sat down. Someone came running from the back and jumped onto Jack's back. I looked at his dark roots. Corbyn. "Hey buddy!" He said while rubbing Daniel's head and messing up his hair as Tiffany giggled. I laughed as well. Next came Jonah, who looked very tired and very confused but woke up as soon as he saw Jack and Daniel. "Welcome back bros." He said, fist-pounding them. Jonah and Corbyn exchanged glances. "So who's the girls?" Corbyn asked and Jack reintroduced us. "Well welcome to this crazy house." Jonah said and Jack sat down next to me. 

             After a while, the boys suggested watching a movie. Jack was next to me and I was next to Tiffany who was next to Daniel. Corbyn and Jonah sat on the other couch while Zach was on the floor. Halfway through the movie, I felt Jack kept looking at me and then at Jonah, who slowly nodded. Jack slowly put his arm around me. I blushed a bit and leaned on his chest, kind of. Daniel looked over at Jack, who leaned over and whispered: "Dude, don't forget what happened last time."