Band-aid Byler

Disclaimer: This fic contains derogatory terms to the LGBTQ+ community (because of Troy) and some mentions of blood and cuts. Please continue to the next fic if you don't want to read that stuff. If you're okay with it, let's get on with the fic!

Will gets pushed by Troy and gets a cut on his chin. Mike offers to clean and bandage the cut, when Will decides to do what he's always wanted to do: kiss Mike.

1883 Words

Mike and Will were walking home from school together. As they walked, they talked about theories for popular movies, music, and drawing. Will had always wanted to rave on about his music tastes, but he felt like Mike wouldn't care. But when Will had accidentally fell in a spiral of his interests, Mike was listening wholeheartedly. When he talked to Mike, he felt listened to. Maybe that was the reason that he liked him so much. 

Will and Mike were so deep in conversation, they didn't hear footsteps behind them. Will was almost finished talking about his new drawing ideas when someone had pushed him. Way too hard. He heard a laugh before diving face-first into the concrete, where his chin slid roughly. He winced and turned his body around, noticing a menacing figure above him. 

"If it isn't the fag and his frog-faced friend." It was Troy. His stupid voice cut deep into Will's ears, hurting almost as much as his chin did now. "What, are you two dating?"

"No. Leave us alone, Troy." Mike hissed. Will put his hand over his chin, feeling blood drip out from his skin. 

"Ooh! Froggy wants to fight!" Troy sneered. "Bring it on."

Mike sighed. "I really don't want to fight. Just leave us alone and go home."

"What, you're standing up to that queer?" 

Will winced at the name. He was used to being called these things, but nobody knew that he was actually gay. So they didn't know how much it affected him.

"Yeah, I'm standing up for him. And myself. What's your deal, Troy?"

"My deal is that people like you shouldn't be alive." He came closer to Mike, his smile turning into a scowl. "You could've been cool, dude. But you decided to hang out with fairy boy. You know? I liked it better when he was dead. But then he came back, like a zombie."

Tears sprung up in Will's eyes. He could get that Troy was a jerk, but was he really that inconsiderate? He kept the sobs stuck in his throat, trying hard to sit up. The blood from his chin dripped faster into his hand.

"Do you know how much of a jerk you sound like? That was totally uncalled for!" Mike yelled into Troy's face. Will could practically feel anger radiating from him. Troy must've felt this too, because he backed away with a flash of fear in his eyes. "Will's not just some kind of doll you can practice your bullying on. He's a real kid, with real feelings, and real friends who actually care about him and protect him from bastards like you! So go away!"

Will's heart lept to his throat. Mike bent down and reached his arm out. Will grabbed onto his hand and used Mike to support himself as he stood up, a bit dizzy. Troy looked at them, stunned. He regained his composure and began to walk away.

"See you later, queers." He growled, finally leaving.

"Are you okay?" Mike asked softly. Will looked at him and smiled, instantly regretting to as a sharp pain coursed through his chin. 

"Uhm...kind of. I mean, I'm alright, but my chin is cut." 

"Here, I can clean it up. We have too many band-aids at home." He chuckled a little and they walked to his house, Will struggling to stop the bleeding from his chin. Mike glanced at him. "Wait, don't completely put your hand on it. It might get infected."