Another time, another place

Day 1 of test R.I.F.T (Relocation Ion Fabricator of Time)
I have been working on a portal on one end of the earth to the other to be able to travel to America from England in one second but so far it's just a idea on a piece of paper but hopefully one day people know me from all around the world for there savoir.
Day 123 of test R.I.F.T
I have got my close friend Michael to help me on the progress he's making it in Australia and I am making it from England and we are nearly done  we just have to create the link between them and then we are completed and legends.
Day 130 of test R.I.F.T
Michael has not replied to any of my emails I'm getting worried that something has went wrong.
Day 124 of test R.I.F.T
The portal has started up I don't know what to do the door way is blocked, I can not turn off the portal and it's over loading and is going to blow soon and if I don't find a way to escape I will die.
Day unknown of test R.I.F.T
I have just woke up from a 3 years coma the only thing I can remember is a bright light and a scream, Michael's scream but that's impossible  he on the other side of the earth unless the portal actually worked and we heard each other through the portal wait where is Michael? Or how is Michael? I need to check.