Prologue

Steve:

Living in Avenger's Tower hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. It's been over a year since we all moved in and I can say that we are all fairly comfortable here. Surprisingly enough, Stark has been really nice. Once you started to get to know him, he tore down his walls. Everyone is wrong about him being self-centered and selfish. He's got a bit of an Ego but, besides that, he's a good man. After a few months we started to become friends. I'd even say good friends. Thing is, I think I want us to be more than friends.

To be honest, after I came to that realization, living in the same building as him is hard. He seems to be everywhere at once. If he's not there, something reminds me of him. He's always on my mind. It's hard to keep my self from staring. As long as he's in the room, I'm distracted. I can't seem to get anything done and he never seems to notice. Nat has of course noticed and she occasionally teases me for staring.

It was just a normal day in the Tower. I was enjoying a cup of coffee after training with Bucky when Tony walked in. He wandered into the kitchen wearing an old band shirt and low rise jeans. I couldn't help but notice the sliver of skin showing as he reached for a coffee mug. His hair was all tousled and adorable. He was so cutely tired that my hands were shaking when I tried to pour myself more coffee. I was so distracted that I spilled coffee down the front of my shirt and all over the counter. Of course Natasha noticed and smirked at me.

"Jeez Cap, you good?" Tony asked, shaking me out of my stupor.

"What? Oh um, yeah. Just didn't watch how much I had poured." I choked out ignoring his concerned look. I wiped at my shirt with a tea towel. He made a sound of acknowledgment before filling his own cup.

"Okay, well be careful. I'll be in my lab if anyone needs me."

"Sounds good." Nat replied, still eyeing me up. As soon as we heard the elevator door close, she started to laugh.

"Oh gosh Steve. You are so whipped." She laughed and shook her head. Standing from her perch on the counter she started to walk away. What does whipped mean? I'm confused. "Do me a favor and just send it. Alright?" Wait, send it? What's that mean?

Okay so 24 hours and lots of googling later, I was prepared to talk to Tony. I mean I also had Bucky give me a prep talk so I wouldn't back out. Taking a deep breath I got in the elevator. I could do this. Easy Peasy, lemon squeezy. Standing outside of his workshop, I took another deep breath and entered the room.

"Hey, uh Tony. I have um, I have a question for you."

" Yeah, sure. What's up?" Tony replied as he turned to look at me, grinning. His eyes seemed to sparkle in the dim lighting. Okay, here we go. Deep breaths.

"Well, I was uh wondering if maybe you, um you wanted to go out with me, Like um a-a date?" I stuttered while rubbing the back of my neck. I had liked Tony Stark for awhile now. I think I have for awhile but I was just afraid to admit it to my self. Now here I was standing in front of him, really putting myself out there. Hopefully this doesn't go wrong.

"Sure, where we going?" Oh my dear god he said yes. He said yes! Oh shit, what do I say? I never thought I'd get this far! Where are we going again. Focus Steve, Focus! Okay I need to remember where we are going and what to say. Okay Tony is waiting for an answer.

"Well, I figured that we would go get Shawarma and then go see a movie. I mean if you want to but if you don't we can..." I trailed off, hoping I had picked the correct date destination.

"That sounds great, what time are we leaving?" His smile seemed to grow to a grin rivaling the Chesire Cats.

"Be ready by 7:30. I'll meet you by the elevator in the commons." I had to grin at him. I can't believe that he actually said yes! My voice had finally evened out and I was really proud of that.

"Sounds great see you then!" He grinned at me once more before turning back to his work.. As I walked out I couldn't believe that that was so easy to do. I expected him to say that he didn't roll that way or play it off with some dumb joke/ But, he had actually said yes! Oh god what am I going to wear?!

Sorry for such a short chapter but, it is a Prologue! I'm actually re-posting this story. I recently read through it and realized how badly written it was! I love the plot and story line but it definitely needed some work. Almost 3 years after I started the story, I'm rewriting and re-posting! Enjoy! 

                                                   -Vanadey Nascha