Page 1 - David I & Sofie II, The First Black Knights of Skyrim

At the turn of 4E, in the aftermath of the Oblivion Crisis, Tamriel faced turmoil as chaos swept the land in response to Uriel Septim VII's assassination. Necromancer's waged war on the Mages Guild, an Elder Scroll was stolen from the White-Gold Tower by the Thieves Guild, the Argonians invade Morrowind, rumors of the Thalmor's malevolence spread like wildfire, and the Empire's hold over the other provinces loosened due to the Great War. Then came the Stormcloak rebellion, which ignited the beginnings to one of the most feared families in all of the realm, Revan House.

David I was a Nord native of Skyrim who left the land at a young age to explore Tamriel. Although his journey only ever went as far as Morrowind; where he gained a reputation for his ignorance and just plain bad luck. When he returned to Skyrim, he joined the Imperial Legion in the battle against the Stormcloaks - adopting two orphaned girls from his hometown of Whiterun and after a failed invasion attempt on Windhelm. He became known as The Black Knight of Skyrim for the set of ebony armor he wore. However, years of hate, envy and the malevolence of others twisted him into a cold monster with only a thirst for bloodshed. News of his butchery went on for ages before they faded away and he disappeared, rumored to have returned to Morrowind.

 News of his butchery went on for ages before they faded away and he disappeared, rumored to have returned to Morrowind

His daughters, Sofie and Lucia, ran away not long after the news spread. Some said the Jarl took them in under his care, others say they went to find their father, or that they were kidnapped by the Empire and turned into soldiers. For so long the fate of these poor girls were left a mystery to the people of Whiterun, until a faithful old war buddy of their father, Hadvar, came to the city. He explained that he took the girls in under his care after he found them lost in the hills. Lucia, still wanting to find David, ran away again to continue the search.

Hadvar taught Sofie in the ways of swordsmanship, dual-wielding two swords like her father did in his glory days

Hadvar taught Sofie in the ways of swordsmanship, dual-wielding two swords like her father did in his glory days. As an adult, she set out to become better than David, promising that no matter how much blood is spilled or what endeavors lie ahead, she will never lose her way. In time she came to be known as "Sofie II, The New Black Knight of Skyrim"; establishing Revan House, based just northeast outside of Falkreath. She gained attention for her affinity for the arcane arts, conjuring two magically produced blades to use and battle, using other spells to light her way through darkness or vanquishing her adversaries, and for gaining the position of Archmage/Dean of the College of Winterhold.