Chapter 1: Right Where I Want to Be

•Zayn•

"Work it! You've got to feel the burn!" I exaggeratedly shouted as I continued running. Demi shook her head as she slowed the treadmill she was working out on, to a stop. I chuckled at my goofing off before slowing my treadmill as well and peaking her lips.

"You're no help. You just goof off the whole time." She lightly pushed my arm before drinking from her water bottle.

"Well I just think you're already beautiful and in shape. I don't see why all this exercise and dieting is nessecary." I shrugged, holding her hand in mine as we moved away from the treadmills.

"Maybe because I just had a child?" She sarcastically spoke as I rolled my eyes before pinching her nose. "Stop." She giggled, pulling my hand away from her nose.

"Okay well I say we take a break from diets and excerise. After I finish this set, we go get burgers." I said as I sat on the bench, preparing to weight lift.

"Pizza." She decided and I nodded in agreement before lifting the weight with both hands off of the stand.

"Come on babe you've gotta feel the burn! I better see you sweating!" Demi imitated me as I shook my head and continued my set. "Ha ha ha. You're a comedian." I replied sarcastically.

"Not so fun on the other end is it?" She laughed as I continued to lift the weight with both hands.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." I chuckled. After lifting the weight until my arms got tired, I placed the weight back on it's stand and got up.

"Water?" She handed me her water bottle as I took a sip. "Come on we have a pizza to get to." I smiled as I picked up my shirt and put it back on. Demi grabbed the baby monitor before we made our way out of the in-home gym. "I call the shower first!" Demi raced to the shower as I laughed at her childishness. I walked to Ivan's nursery to check that he was okay. Like before he still slept peacefully inside his crib. I smiled down at him, lightly kissing his cheek before making my way to mine and Demi's room.

"Demi!" I spoke over the sound of the shower and knocked on the bathroom door.

"Yeah?" She asked as the sound of the shower turned off.

"Can I come in? I need to brush my teeth." She opened the door, wrapped in a towel. "Yeah I was just getting out." She walked by me.

Demi had been really self-cautious of her body lately. I didn't try to argue with her about it though. I didn't want her to feel any worse about herself, even though I didn't understand it. I guess it was expected that she'd have a little doubt about herself after having a baby, but I still seen nothing wrong with her. Any 'extra weight' wasn't even noticeable, I questioned if it was even in existence. Either way she was still the gorgeous woman that I loved no matter what. I began brushing my teeth before taking a quick shower and exiting the bathroom. I quickly changed into black jeans, a white t-shirt, and white sneakers. Demi walked into the room with a wide awake Ivan in her arms.

"Hey booger." I smiled and kissed his forehead. Demi smiled as I took Ivan into my arms.

"You look beautiful." I said to her and lightly rocked Ivan.

"No I don't. It's just a big sweater and some jeans." She shrugged and began packing the baby bag.

"You make big sweaters and jeans beautiful." I said sitting down on the bed. "What do you think Ivan? Doesn't mommy look pretty?" I sat Ivan up, his small body leaning against my chest.

"Daddy is right. You do look beautiful mommy!" I spoke in a baby voice as I moved Ivan's arms around. Demi laughed and leaned down to kiss our smiling son.