A long way.

May

6:30 AM

What if I told you that there was a such thing as magic? Would you believe me? Probably not. Hell, I can barely believe myself anymore. Everyday is the exact same in this place. What place is this? Well. If I told you, I don't think you would ever trust me.

I was born on November 5th, 2020, in a modest home out in the middle of nowhere ( My parents didn't believe in hospitals because they were 'So evil that they don't deserve our money,' ).
I was raised in the country, and never actually talked to anyone anywhere my age until about 7th grade. Where I went to Moorsville Junior High School. In 8th grade, I met my best friend, Alexi Coyton, her rather aggravating brother Gale, and his best friend (and Alexi's very first crush) Shawn, We've never really gotten along, Shawn and I. But, he was the best friend of my best friends twin brother, and since we all had no other friends we all hung around together. Okay, that's enough exposition for one day.

I was getting ready for Alexi and Gale's super fun, wonderful, totally populated birthday party, with a glorious cast; starring Alexi and Gale, featuring the two weird best friends, and introducing some kid named Jasper, who was most likely going to leave after the first five minutes of dealing with our friend group.

"May!" My mother called from downstairs,
"Shawn is here to pick you up!" I grabbed my overnight bag and the two gifts and ran downstairs to hug my mother goodbye,
"nie wpadaj w tarapaty, słyszysz?" Oh yeah, my mom is an immigrant, I forgot to mention that.
I nodded and yelled goodbye to her as I ran out the door to Shawn's car.
I stepped into the rusty old car and plopped my overnight bag at my feet.
"Are you ready?" Shawn asked me, beginning to back out of my long driveway.
I let out a dry, sarcastic laugh and ended with a simple. "Nope."
"How's your Dad?" Shawn asked, clearly bored.
"Same old Dad, Ma finally got him to go to the doctors for once, that's a good sign. I guess."
My father doesn't particularly appreciate our government at the moment, and believes that all hospitals are just a sorry excuse for the government trying to suck up more and more cash from us.
Shawn snickered, "You 'think'?" I simply shrugged and turned on the radio.
"What station?" I asked my friend,
"Anything but-" I turned on the Mariachi station and heard a loud groan from the tall boy.
I began dancing to the music and singing to the instrumentals.
He switched off the radio and I began pouting at him.
"I hate you, you know that, right?" I smiled,
"Yep!"

I began fiddling with the radio until I managed to find the Christmas music station.
"Isn't it March?"
"No."
"But it says March."
"It's lying, it is clearly December."
"May."
"Yes?"
"Look outside."
I looked out the window with mock confusion.
"What?"
"Does it LOOK like December out there!?" Shawn yelled in fake anger.
"But if course! I mean, you can practically taste the candy canes and gingerbread and-"
"Stttooaaahhhhp!"
I stuck my tongue out at him, "Never."