1

Working in a cafe kind of had it's ups and downs. I mean, the pay was shit, even though it was a family business.

I worked 5 hours a day with my family and they never noticed my troubles. I am not attention seeking so I would never purposely point it out to them.

But sometimes, you know you have to just be someone who, who makes you feel safe.

---------------------

[the first couple of chapters are in Hannah's pov]

My head pounded as my eyes blinked open. My whole vision was a blur as the events of last night slipped from my mind... until now.

Endless vodka shots were given to me and drunk as my friend Mamrie Hart worked behind the bar. She obviously couldn't drink whilst working so her mission was to get me twice as pissed and not remember the entire thing.

I checked my phone which was lying on the bedside cabinet next to me.

5 New Messages

7 Missed Calls

2 Voicemails

"Shit!" I shouted and quickly clutched my head because the noise rattled my brain.

It took me 10 seconds to realise I had work. I clambered out of my bed and put on my uniform and ran. It was currently 10:04am and I was late.

I guess I wouldn't get in half the trouble a normal worker would get into for being late because I worked for my family.

As I was half running mostly walking, I tried to think of the most believable excuse to tell my mum because I kind of sneaked out last night to the bar and hid loads of pillows under my covers to try make out a small but convincing body shape.

I entered the café and it was already busy with loud conversations hitting me from every corner of the room.

"Hannah. Apron, now!" My mum shouted above the noise. I nodded quickly and disappeared into the back room to try get out my mum's way when I bumped into who I thought was my dad. I lifted my sore head towards the figure about to say sorry when a tall young girl was in front of me.

It sure wasn't my dad.

"Hi!" The blonde girl spoke. Her accent was unfamiliar and I was trying to recognise it when I realised I was still staring at her.

"Hi, I'm Ha-"

"Hannah" She finished for me. "Your mum has already told me about you."

A smile was still plastered on her face, but not in a creepy fake way, it was more of a cute adorable way.

Wait, why is this girl back here and I still don't even know her name.

"And you are.." I tried to say in the least rudess way but the more I tried the more it sounded.

"Oh I'm Grace, Grace Helbig"

---------------

----------------------

Authour's notes

I'm so new to wattpad that i dont even know what im doing.

As i was searching for helbig fanfics the other day i realised that hardly anyone has wrote any, so i decided in the early hours of this morning that i will write one.

THIS MIGHT BE I TOTAL DISASTER BUT JUST KEEP WITH ME, OKAY? OKAY! :)