Chapter 1: Guess you're my roommate

Beach City College. i hated the sound of that. I hate everything about it. The thought of sharing a dorm was enough to make me feel ill. I didn't want to spend the next few years with a complete stranger. Though, i had to to get away from my parents. They hated me. And i hated them. They hit me for the simplist things. They used to be nice when i was little, but after I came out and told them I was lesbian, they changed completely. Long story short, my life is a complete mess.
Today was the day i get to meet my roommate. I had all my things packed and ready to go.
"bye mom, bye dad." i said blankly. They ignored me, as usual. I left and put my things in my car and drove off to the college. My only friend was a 12-year-old boy named Steven, and he lived in that neighborhood. I was thinking about him the whole drive. I couldn't stop replying the moment I told him I had to leave..

Flashback
"im gonna have to go to a college thats pretty far from here.."
"aww... Im gonna miss you!"
"im gonna miss you too, bud.."
We hugged and said our final goodbye's before I walked off.

End of flashback

I choked back the tears as i pulled up to the college. I sighed and got out of the car with my suitcase.
I walked into the building and my heart began beating a million miles an hour. There was a lady at a desk that i assumed was the one who kept track of who's dorm was who's.
"um.. Hello?" i murmured.
"hello! Name please?"
"Lapis Lazuli."
"hmm.... Room 403."
"thanks..." i sighed as she gave me the key. I looked at the numbers in the doors as i was walking.
"391...392....393-"
I bumbed into someone and the stuff that was in their arms flew everywhere.
"i-im so sorry!" i exclaimed.
"heh... Its okay." the girl said as she fixed her glasses.
She had kind of a high pitched voice, but it was sweet. She had a goofy hair style that had almost a triangle shape. 'dorito' i thought. She had a green flannel on, with a white t-shirt under it along with jeans and green Nike shoes. I could tell she really liked the color green. She looked to be about an inch shorter than me. She was actually extremely cute. I realized i had been staring at her for the last minute and snapped out of my trance. She stuck her hand out. "im Peridot Greene. And you are..?"
I hesitated to shake her hand, but i ended up doing so. "Lapis. Lapis Lazuli."
"beautiful name." she replied. I felt a blush take over my entire face.
"u-um.. Thanks.." i muttered. "what's your dorm number?"
"403."
"thats my dorm. Guess you're my roommate. Heh.." she scratched the back of her head.
"i..I guess so.." i whimpered.
There was a moment if silence before she spoke.
"wanna walk with me to the dorm?"
"w-what..?"
"you wanna walk-"
"no i heard you i just... Im kind of awkward to be around.."
"nonsense! We'll walk together right now."
She grabbed my hand and brought me to the dorm. Leaving her stuff behind. It felt like my heart was going to explode. "what about your stuff?" i asked in a shaky voice.
"ill go get it in a sec." she paused and opened the dorm. Half of the room had posters of aliens and alot of bands that i happen to like. But one poster stood out from the rest. It was a rainbow poster with the words 'the gayer, the better' written on it.
She's lesbian?
"cool poster." i said, realizing i said poster instead of posters.
"which one?" she asked.
I pointed at the rainbow poster.
"so you're gay too?"
I froze up.
"u-um......"
It took me a couple minutes before i could answer.
"y-yeah... I am."
"cool! We already have something in common." she exclaimed.
I guess we did.
The rest of the day was filled with unpacking and getting to know each other. I learned that she didn't have such a happy life either, and she really like video games. We shared our favorite bands, which were all emo bands. Our favorite was Pain, by Three Days Grace. (youtube video above) And we both LOVED a show called Camp Pining Hearts.
It was exciting to have finally found another person that made me happy. But I had this weird feeling the whole time we talked. My heart would pound faster after every word she spoke.

Do I like her already??

So what did ya guys think? I know that most people would write it as Peridot being the one having no friends or having a bad past, whilst Lapis would be almost the complete oposite, but i just wanted to do something a little different. This was 772 words long so i hope you like it :D