Kazan Kurosawa

Japanese Localization: Kurosawa Kazan
Voiced by: Katsuhiko Kawamoto (Japanese), Yuri Lowenthal (English)

Basic Information
Species: Human
Gender: Male
Height: 5'1" (original series), 5'8" (Shippuden), 6'0" (Next Generations)
Birthday: October 25
Age: 12-14 (original series), 15-17 (Shippuden)
Star Sign: Scorpio

Ability Information
Element: Fire
Range: Long distance

Family Information
• Unnamed mother (deceased)
• Unnamed father (deceased)
• Naruto Uzumaki (husband)
• Boruto Uzumaki (son)
• Kogeta Kurosawa (son)
• Himawari Uzumaki (daughter)
• Retsu Kurosawa (daughter)

Kazan Kurosawa is a ninja from the Hidden Leaf Village, whose abilities and jutsus revolve around long-ranged, fire-based attacks. His signature technique is the Fire Style: Flame Ward Jutsu.

Basic Appearance
Kazan has rather long, dark brown hair that appears almost black when looked at from afar. He usually keeps it in a high ponytail.
His eyes are a bright, fiery orange; Naruto often describes it as "looking into a vivid sunset".
He is at least two inches taller than Naruto (in every series), and has slightly tanned skin. He blames it on repeated exposure to his own flames.

Personality
Possibly as a result of his fire abilities, Kazan is rebellious and hotheaded, as well as stubborn. In the original series, he also completely disregarded and ignored any advice the adults would give him, saying that "adults should mind their own business". This also occurred when any adult would tell him to stay away from Naruto.
Around Naruto, Kazan likes to show off, but he is much calmer and more level-headed. By Next Generations, all traces of his stubborness have dissipated, most likely due to his marriage to Naruto. However, this is also around the time where he starts showing a highly overprotective side, often putting himself in danger for his family's survival.

Backstory
Kazan lived with his father and mother until they passed away when he was eight. From that point on, he lived by himself, but he was often visited by Nobu Odara, who became his caretaker. Nobu was the only adult Kazan truly respected, and he followed his orders (albeit while complaining about it), and took his wisdom to heart.
When Kazan came of age, it was Nobu who enrolled him in the academy. From the moment they met, Kazan and Iruka Umino, the academy's instructor, did not get along at all. Kazan made it his duty to find a way to get Iruka riled up, whether it was due to him walking in a few minutes later than all the other students, or setting his desk on fire with his fists, which he could set ablaze at random (though they mostly burst into flames when he was angered).
It was at the academy that Kazan met Naruto, and because the both of them were considered problem children, they became fast friends. They brought out the best in each other; Naruto kept Kazan cool and collected, and Kazan made Naruto feel accepted and loved.
They soon developed feelings for each other, but this would not be revealed until Mizuki's attack on Naruto to take the Scroll of Sealing for himself. Kazan told Naruto of his feelings after shielding him with his body from Mizuki's giant shuriken, which would have hit Iruka had Kazan not shoved him out of the way. The attack nearly killed Kazan, and Naruto was unable to reveal his own feelings to him until after his recovery.

Signature Technique
Kazan's signature technique is the Fire Style: Flame Ward Jutsu. The jutsu creates walls of flames around a target that may also cause the target to become confused and feel helpless.

"You feel as though the walls of a ward room are closing in on you, don't you?"