•1•

Chapter One: The Dark Side

Anxiety and Deceit were practically joined at the hip.
They spent so much time together it was almost hard to believe they were two seperate people.
Virgil was the only one who truly knew how to speak Dorian: although most of the time he lied, the rare exceptions of when he told the truth were really what you had to look out for.
But they hated the subconscious to no end. They wanted to get out and be free, like the Light Sides. But they'd learned the hard way; it was very difficult to get out of the Dark Side.
Virgil was Dorian's best friend. He told him as often as he could, albeit in his own way.
"We aren't friends, why would you be my best friend?"
Virgil would just smile. "You're my best friend too, Dee."
They'd popped up around the same time, along with Roman. They were all connected in some way to each other, so they couldn't be distinguished enough to be thrown into the mix one at a time.
There was a blurred line between lying and acting.
Getting onstage often caused Thomas' anxiety.
And when Thomas got anxious, it often became the catalyst of a lie.
Roman hated it. He hated that he was associated with two Dark Sides. Everyone was associated with at least one, but Roman had two and he just couldn't bear it.
At least they had each other.
Or so Deceit thought.

Virgil had started to be called.
He'd been called out of the Dark Side to join the others in discussion.
At first, he'd regale Dorian with stories of how stupid they were and how much they argued.
Then he started to warm up to them.
He'd tell Dorian about how they'd solve a problem or how good he'd felt assisting one of the others to help Thomas...
But no way was Deceit feeling bad about this.
No way at all...

I got over excited and wanted to post this... so the next chapters will have more words and what not. But hope you enjoyed it so far!
-K